Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to login using spotify details instead of Facebook. I'm a prenium user

Solved!

I want to login using spotify details instead of Facebook. I'm a prenium user

Hey,

I don't want to sign in using Facebook, but instead with my Spotify details, but I never received any when I bought the preinum package. Can someone tell me how to find my username and password to use for the Spotify Login instead of Facebook?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you go to the View menu and untick "People List", it will hide the friends list on the side of the app.

Also, in the Preferences screen, you can unclick "Show what I listen to on Facebook" if you don't want to share your own listening on Facebook, and "share my activity on Spotify social" if you don't want to share within Spotify either.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

EDIT: Spotify no longer requires Facebook from anyone since 30 April 2012. On the sign up page, click "Create an account with my email" to make a Spotify account without Facebook. Original post below.

Are you from Germany? If you are, you have to sign up again and go through the non-Facebook route.

If you are not from Germany, you must use Facebook to log in, you can't use Spotify without Facebook.

Alternatively you can sign up for Spotify using a German proxy, but you must have a credit card to change your country from Germany to the correct one.

Oh, I'm from the US. I just hate the desktop version of your app showing what my friends are listening too. It's just destrating to me. Is there a way to disable that part of the app from showing then since I have to keep using facebook 😞

Marked as solution

If you go to the View menu and untick "People List", it will hide the friends list on the side of the app.

Also, in the Preferences screen, you can unclick "Show what I listen to on Facebook" if you don't want to share your own listening on Facebook, and "share my activity on Spotify social" if you don't want to share within Spotify either.

Hello,

You can hide the column on the right hand side. Head up to the "View" menu on the task bar, and uncheck People List. It should disappear for you now.
Airhorn Enthusiast

if i do the signup routine again, all my playlists are gone, right?!

Help please!!!!!

i was a premium user yesterday. then i deactivated my facebook account which then through my whole spotify account into whack and i cant get back to it.

I went and reactivated facebook but when i tried to get back into spotify it basically reset my account with no playlist and a free version. 

what can i do to get back to where i was in terms of playlists but at the same time have a profile independent of facebook

Hi I seem to be having the same problem as the person that posted an made thise forum. I really would like to log into spotify to use my offline playlist when I'm not connected to the internet. However, that isn't possible when I have to log into facebook. I don't know what the spotify details are for me. I would like to know how to find them out. 

I want to be able to listen to my offline playlist. That's why I paid the bloddy 10 dollars a month for premium. If this isn't possible then I just find this service to be unacceptable. Not everyone has a 3g phone. I don't see why ipod users have to be discriminated and singled out like this. 

Please e-mail me with a solution at dez29302@gmail.com. No I do not care about hiding the people list.

This is an old thread and things have changed a bit. Now everyone can sign up without Facebook, not only Germany.

The bad news: if you signed up via Facebook back when it was a requirement, you have to create a new account if you want the non-FB sign up option. Accounts created with Facebook are tied up and can't be disconnected.

To create a Facebook independent account, go to the sign up page and find "Create an account using email address" at the bottom.

To disable facebook on the desktop app on a PC, launch it and go to...

1. edit
  2. preferances
  3. Uncheck the box that says show what I listen to on facebook!
  4. Enjoy!

i want to use this site without fb, anyone know how , cause i paid money to use it , but i have to deactivate my fb account,

so now i if do that i cant use what i paid for , really sucks ,,,

@mikechase3 wrote:

To disable facebook on the desktop app on a PC, launch it and go to...

1. edit
  2. preferances
  3. Uncheck the box that says show what I listen to on facebook!
  4. Enjoy!

Doing that will only disable the sharing part. You still must log in using Facebook and if you delete the Facebook account, you lose access to that Spotify account.

The only way to have a Facebook independent account is using the email option on signup. Using the Facebook option (which was mandatory before) permanently ties up your account to Facebook.

You just need to get your spotify username and password from here:

http://support.spotify.com/au/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

@rachel92 wrote:

You just need to get your spotify username and password from here:

http://support.spotify.com/au/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline

Logging in using a Spotify username and device password will still log you in with Facebook if you have a Facebook created account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also a premium user and don't want to login on FB.  I am able to login without FB on my iphone, but it will not allow me to do on my ipod.  Please help.

@Mommom60 wrote:

I am also a premium user and don't want to login on FB.  I am able to login without FB on my iphone, but it will not allow me to do on my ipod.  Please help.

Are you logging in using your Spotify username and password on your iPhone? 

Peter

Peter

Sorry Rachel but that doesn't explain about Spotify username and passwords (at least the Android tab doesn't).

So here we are a year plus from when this thread was created and it looks like Spotify still has not rectified the problem of wanting to keep your current premium membership while deactivating your facebook account... am I correct?  Unfortunately it is almost impossible to contact Spotify directly to get a solution so I might just cancel my Spotify membership all together if I can't get this resolved.

They outlined pretty clearly it isn't something they where going to be implementing in response to my ideas topic:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-a-way-to-transfer-from-a-Spotify-account-cre...

You can follow my DIY thread here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Peter

Suggested posts