Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
cander18
Accepted Solution

If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

I am considering canceling my premium account but would like to know if I do that if I will lose all of the music that I had added to my playlist or downloaded to my phone?  Will I still be able to listen to all of them once my subscription is done?

Spotify Legend
Jude

Re: If I cancel my spottily premium account do I lose all my music?

Hello,

When you cancel your subscription, it is only the subscription you are cancelling. You keep your Spotify account and everything associated with it.

Music Fan
happilyfreckled

Re: If I cancel my spotifuggle premium account do I lose all my music?

But will it let me listen to the songs that I downloaded while I was a premium member?

I don't believe it will because I tried the trial and when it was up I tried to play the music I downloaded and it said that feature is only available to premium members.

So the second you stop paying monthly, you don't have any music anymore.

Is this correct?

Peter
Kudos: 12,740
Solutions: 3,486

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Yes that is correct, as soon as your premium expires, you will not have access to any offline content you downloaded when you had premium, since offline playlists are a premium only feature. 

You can however stream those tracks from Spotify again if you are online. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
Mvelden98

so there is no way to export the music i have been listening to offline to a different device before i end my subscription? 

World Tour
Christoffer

Hello!

Offline mode listening is a premium feature so if you cancel your premium subscription all your tracks that you downloaded for offline listening will be unavailable.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Want to search artists/bands by city? Visit this site
Music Fan
Sbennett1976

No what a con we should be able to play our music once you cancel!!!
Peter
Kudos: 12,740
Solutions: 3,486

@Sbennett1976 - You can continue to listen to your playlists and access your account using the free service if you cancel Premium. As mentioned above, your account will loose access to all Premium features including offline playlists, but you can definitely still stream them. :)

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
nomofoshobro

[ Edited ]

Sbennett1976, I don't think you really understand for what you are paying. You are paying for access to Spotify's library of music. You have not bought any specific tracks or albums. Offline listening is just a perk of subscription, but you do not own this music. If you want to own music, you need to iTunes or other digital music dealer.

Music Fan
ginogq

Finally they give you a straight answer!  I have read and read and read about all the fancy and different ways they used before telling us the true, which it is OK, don't take me wrong, every body needs to make a living and I am all forth this model of listening to music. I was just tired of no hearing an honest answer.

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.