Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Increasing Spotify memory

Increasing Spotify memory

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could help/advise.

I have a HTC desire S, and I have a Spotify premium. Since I listen to a lot of my music via Spotify, but don't have good enough download speeds on the phone when wondering I use offline playlists a lot. However, recently I've reached my limit of 7.4GB of tracks on my phone and in order to add more music, I gotta take some away aswell.

I'm not at a point where if I want one thing, I gotta get rid of another and it is becoming quite difficult to decide wat to cut.

If anyone knows how to expand the memory or something, would be great! Any help is good too!

Cheers

Josh

3 Replies

Hi @McYoshi

Thanks for your question and more importantly, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Do you have sufficient space on your mobile device to be able to store additional songs? If you don't, you're going to have to consult your mobile device's manufacturer's website for expanding the storage on your mobile device.

As for Spotify, I haven't heard of Spotify Mobile limiting the amount of space it can occupy on a mobile device; typically, the only limit imposed with offline listening, however, is that you can only have 3,333 songs per device and stay offline for 30 days (as per this article).

Someone may need to come-in and confirm if Spotify does indeed limit the amount of space it can occupy on a mobile device.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Thank you MikeyB

I've got space on the device, though I will admit that is also filling up! However, after deleting quite a sizeable app, no extra Spotify memory was made. Still the same 7.4GB space.

I only have the one playlist for offline mode, and that (currently) has 305 tracks, almost all from spotify and about 10-20 of my own.

Hi again!

Sorry for the late response, :(. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to further assist but I would like to refer you to the customer support team.

You can get in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Please keep this topic up-to-date if you get any solutions that help you out, :).

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Suggested posts