Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kick them off my account

Kick them off my account

Can you kick them off my account! I logged onto my account on my friends phone so they can use my premium cuz i thought it would let us use it at the same time and now its just annoying. Ive tried changing the password and i dont think it worked. Please kick them off my account for me
13 Replies

Hey there! You can actually do this through your account page by clicking "Sign Out Everywhere." Here's the link to the FAQ for how to accomplish this. https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/can-i-sign-out-of-my-account-if-im-signed-i...

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Me too

@scottmcfarlin -If you need a forced logout please press the "Sign Out" button on your online overview.

If you think someone else is using your account, be sure to also change your password before you press the Sign Out button (to prevent others automatically logging back in again). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,well i dont know what to do i logged in to my premium account with my friends facebook account and in my phone with my e-mail. Now they are syncing together and when i log him out or forced him out or change password he can log in just by pressing logging with facebook its so annoying i dont want to cancel my subscription

I dont know if you work for Spotify so if not, my anger is not directed at you, but this "solution" does not f*cking work. Spotify: Please come up with a way to kick people out of a f*cking account - your user experience at this point is a piece of sh*t.

I Apologize i do not work for spotify but they were unable to help me with
my account once i used my friends phone to login to spotify i couldn't kick
him out not even spotify. I just made a new one look on google for SPOTIFY
MODDED APK. Its free premium with minimum of ads.

Hey there @luis20253 and @jrsbrutus41!

Have you guys actually clicked the "Sign Out Everywhere Button?" Keep in mind that if that user has your login credentials saved on their device or knows your info, then they can always get back in. Step one should be to sign out everywhere from your profile page on www.spotify.com/account and then step two would be to change your password.

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't work, perhaps bc the "change password" link
gives me an error on Spotify...further perhaps because I sign in with
Facebook credentials. Changed my Facebook password which also fails.
Finally, one cannot switch from Facebook credentials to a Spotify login
without creating a new account entirely. It's like the most complicated
non-solution to the simplest problem I've ever faced.

That does not works. Anywayssss..

Hey there @jrsbrutus41 - so you're saying that when you go to Facebook to change your credentials to Facebook, you get an error? Or are you saying that after you change your credentials in Facebook, you get in error in Spotify about your password? 

Following those steps I mentioned above should work in just about any case. The only variation with your situation would be that you need to set your password change on Facebook and then log out of Spotify and use the new Facebook credentials to sign back in. 

What is wrong about is that it does not ask me for password or anything
logging in to spotify with fb

Hey @luis20253,

You have to use a password of some sort whether through Facebook or Spotify directly to sign in, so you have me a little confused. After you click "Sign Out" and go to Sign Back in, it doesn't ask you to put in some sort of credentials? Do you have Spotify open on any other tabs or screens on that device? 

That is what i am saying i hit facebook sign in and it signs right in
without requiring a password that is whycit is so darn annoying even after
updating the credentials, passwords

Suggested posts