Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Hi Capily,

As you have a free account, you'll be limited to 14 days holiday time outside the US. After this, you won't be able to log in.

We're aware Guam is an overseas territory, and a lovely one at that, but we can't offer Spotify in overseas territories just yet. This is due to licensing and technical reasons. You can read more about overseas territory problems here... https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/availability/territories/

In order to use your account outside the US, you'll need a Spotify subscription (and a US-based payment card to sign up). To use it on your iPhone, a Premium account will ne needed. If you do have a US card, you'll be able to get a month's Premium free through our 30 day trial. Take a look here... https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello,

I have lived in the US before returning to Norway 2 weeks ago approx. I have changed the country to Norway, but i still get the 408 error.

Please help. Thanks

@detry_l wrote:

Hello,

I have lived in the US before returning to Norway 2 weeks ago approx. I have changed the country to Norway, but i still get the 408 error.

Please help. Thanks

I'm not sure why that is. Drop us a line through our contact form and our agents will look into this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello,

I submitted a contact form as requested on the same day, but I still have the error (408). The profile still reads: Country: Norway. Am i supposed to get answers by email? I havent got any yet.

Thank you for your help.

Hi detry_l - That's strange, I can't locate a case linked to your email address. 

However, I can confirm that your country setting is for Norway. Are you using an internet proxy at all? If so could be fooling the Spotify confusing to believe you're in another country. 

I also recommend a clean reinstallation to make you're using our latest desktop update. You can find that right here

Hello,

-I am not using a proxy-

I think I know where the problem is. When logging in with facebook, my address is configured correctly. However, when logging in with my spotify account, I am still tied to the United States. I guess I'll have to make the change here as well.

I see that I also need to input payment details in order to perfotm this change. I have a followup question: I prefer not to disclose any payment information. Is this information mandatory even though I am not planning on buying anything?

detry_I - With the payment info, it's just to verify your location. If you do have trouble changing your country, just email into Customer Support. They'll be able to sort you out. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Getting the same error as everyone else. Currently serving in the armed forces in Germany, registered for spotify in England. Tried re downloading the app, nothing works.

SupahPhresh - As you're over in Germany, and your account is set to the UK, you'll need to change the country in your account. With a free Spotify account, you'll only be able to use it abroad for 14 days.

Just head here to change country... www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

If you have any trouble doing so, just contact Customer Support. They'll be more than happy to help. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Here is a summary of my problem and the solution (detry_l above):

I moved from the United States to Norway. After the 14 days of free abroad use, I got Error 408.

I solved it by logging in with my Spotify user account (not Facebook which was correctly configured) and changed the country to Norway. In order to perform  this change for my Spotify user account, I had to update my payment details.

Hope this helps.

I'm on my ipad and when I try to log in it says "login failed error:408" what can I do?

Hi Estevargas -  Error 408 has to do with accessing Spotify from abroad. Your country profile is currently set to the United States. 

Where are you connecting from? Are you using an internet proxy at all?

I know the answer, I have been out of the us for a month and the free spotify account only works 14 day if you are out of us 😞

---

Hello,

I recently moved from the UK to the US and I would like to continue using Spotify for free after the 14days. It is not allowing me to change my country to USA on my profile. Can you please help?

Thanks!

@penelope22 wrote:

Hello,

I recently moved from the UK to the US and I would like to continue using Spotify for free after the 14days. It is not allowing me to change my country to USA on my profile. Can you please help?

Thanks!

Just drop us a message via our contact form and we'll help you out asap.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have already filled out the contact form twice and have only gotten automated emails telling me to look on the community forums, twitter, and Q&A pages, all of which I have already done and this was not very helpful.

Penelope22 - If you reply to this automated email, your message will come straight through.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, im from the uk but currently travelling around asia. I want to become a premium member but keep recieving the error code 408. What can i do. Thanks

Hi Jbristow87 - If you have your UK credit card with you this shouldn't be a problem.

Simply sign into your subscription page and upgrade from there. You'll then be able to use the app on your desktop/ mobile as normal. 

Suggested posts