Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Hi,

I am a spotify premium account holder. I am registered in Australia, however, I travel frequently around Asia, Middle East, and, Europe.  My understanding was that I should still be able to use my premium account at least "offline", however now I can't even log in to access my offline account. I am currently in Asia, and have been getting "Error 408" for a week now. but have used my premium account just fine in Asia, Middle East, and Europe over the past 2 months.  Can this be fixed? or, is it just not worth me having a premium account?

@beresharris wrote:

Hi,

I am a spotify premium account holder. I am registered in Australia, however, I travel frequently around Asia, Middle East, and, Europe.  My understanding was that I should still be able to use my premium account at least "offline", however now I can't even log in to access my offline account. I am currently in Asia, and have been getting "Error 408" for a week now. but have used my premium account just fine in Asia, Middle East, and Europe over the past 2 months.  Can this be fixed? or, is it just not worth me having a premium account?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Error 408 is the wrong country set in online profile error, which you should not get if you are logged into an unlimited or premium account. Is your subscription still active on your online overview? Make sure you are logging into the correct account!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

im having this problem too 😞 its was working perfectly and one the it stopped working please help!

Hey jovigibs - Where are you currently located? Error 408 has to do with using Spotify abroad

Free users can use Spotify for up to 14 days. After that you'll need an Unlimited or Premium subscription. 

I can't log it either, just keep getting the 408 error....help

@Billiejbow wrote:
I can't log it either, just keep getting the 408 error....help

Do you have a premium/unlimited or free account? 

Have a read at the error 408 help page too.

Peter

Peter

Hi I'm originally from the uk but travelling in Thailand and getting to 408 error what shall I do?

I'm using an iPhone 5. Thanks Myles

Hey Myles, do you have a Spotify premium account? 

Peter

Peter

Yes i do, it works when I;m not connected to wifi but when I am the error comes up.

Thanks

Myles

That is very strange, you should not be seeing Error 408 on a premium account since it gives you unlimited abroad access. Are you sure your subscription is still active on your online overview

Peter

Peter

Hi i've been having this problem for several days. I am connecting from germany on my ipad and through my fb account. This is very frustrating,
Would appreciate the help!

Hi Schloni - Are you using an internet proxy? This can trick Spotify into thinking you're abroad. 

For now, please give a clean reinstallation a shot. 

I am experiencing the same error. I was abroad for several months but have used my account in the US since. It will not let me sign o. To my new iPhone or iPad. I have a premium account linked to my cell phone provider.

@Grahamre wrote:
I am experiencing the same error. I was abroad for several months but have used my account in the US since. It will not let me sign o. To my new iPhone or iPad. I have a premium account linked to my cell phone provider.

You shouldn't be getting Error 408 if your account is on premium. Can you double check your subscription is still active on your online overview and you are logging in using the correct details on your devices? 

Peter

Peter

Hello I'm getting the 408 error as well. I'm italian..

@MoFkNKal wrote:
Hello I'm getting the 408 error as well. I'm italian..

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your country set correctly on your online profile

Peter

Peter

Does this answer mean that i can't log in to my spotify account on my iphone before i go home to Norway ??

@Kasper__92 wrote:
Does this answer mean that i can't log in to my spotify account on my iphone before i go home to Norway ??

As you don't currently have an active subscription, you won't be able to log in from outside of Norway. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

On the overview page it shows US and here https://www.spotify.com/it/account/profile/ it shows italy..

Could you please change it?

Suggested posts