Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Logging in

Logging in

Can't log in just by using email address and password with email for some reason keeps saying "@gmail.com" saying "@" is invalid character . Will allow me to log on using Facebook login though
3 Replies

Are you using the web player? If you are using the desktop player, which operating system? Or are you using another device?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi there @Robertsonj and welcome to the community!

Tagging on to @adisib 's reply... That's very odd. Did you create your account initially with your facebook account? If so, unfortunately, you won't be able to log in with an email account.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

How you log in depends on how your account was created and which application you are using.

If you created your account using your email address, you will have a unique Spotify username (which is not your email address) and password to log in. If this case applies to you, you should always log in using those details (although Facebook connected email created accounts can log in via Facebook too).

If you created your account using Facebook, then your username and password are the same as over on Facebook (so your email address and Facebook password). Depending on which Spotify application you are using, you will either have to enter your email address or use a connect with Facebook button (which is the case if you get the @ symbol not allowed message).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts