Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing playlist / premium account deleted

Solved!

Missing playlist / premium account deleted

First signed up with my Facebook account. I am a premium user and account was just paid on the 6th. I reset my phone and had to religion into spotify. All playlist were deleted and account says I am a free user. How can I get my playlists back ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@rayhaggard -- the Spotify account with the same name as your Community profile is currently on a 7-day trial. There's no history of any other subscription so there must be a second account of yours around somewhere. Get in touch here with any other email addresses you have and the order ID from an old receipt if you still have it and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

This just happened to me as well. I've been a premium user for 3 years, had thousands of songs and playlists saved, connections forged with people around the globe through spotify, and all is gone. I reset my facebook password, and when I loffed back in it said I was a new free account, and all of my music was gone. Please help.

Bob Babjak

I have the exactly same problem! Fortunately, my premium account on my Iphone is still working. I´ve send a message to the customer support, but as I read through old posts here on the community, this seems like a problem that has been here for a long time and that it takes ages to get it fixed. My problem is that I have forgotten the password to my original account before I connected to Facebook and when I try the reset it through my online Spotify account, it doesn´t work! If I knew this would happen, I would never have connected the two together...

Also the account at my phone has been slower, shutting down for no reason and giving me a hard time after the update and the fancy new design.

SO ANNOYED! You would think that a problem that has been known of for so long should be in order by now.

@Jasonlima What does it show under subscription status on your account overview and what username is shown there?

Did you log in using the "Log in with facebook" button? If logging out and back in with your facebook credenttials isn't working, it's possible you have created a new account - it's far too easy to hit "sign up" by accident on some of the login screens.

If you get in touch here, the support guys can help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

@user-removed wrote:

This just happened to me as well. I've been a premium user for 3 years, had thousands of songs and playlists saved, connections forged with people around the globe through spotify, and all is gone. I reset my facebook password, and when I loffed back in it said I was a new free account, and all of my music was gone. Please help.

Bob Babjak

@sofarnorth If you have already used the contact form, you should hear back within 24 hours. You may receive an automated email directing you back to the community or to the help pages, to which you should reply to make sure your case reaches one of the consultants.

@jwylot I logged in with Facebook using my new password. I did not hit 'sign up', I logged in and everything was gone. I see this same thing happened to several people. This seems like a major problem that spotify needs to address. I just payed my bill last week. Will spotify refund me this payment since they deleted my account?

Use the contact form I linked you to in my earlier post.

Already used it last night, and replayed to the no reply email from spotify. Still waiting for a response.

So what are the odds that I get my account back? I still haven't heard back from spotify after I replyed to the no-reply email they sent me which basically said "TFB". @jwylot, have handled this type of thing before? I've changed my facebook password in the past and it never affected my spotify account, don't know why it would now. I'm freaked out, as I have basically stopped buying music since I've been a premium account member and have catalogued ande organized all my music on spotify. Please tell me there is a chance I can get my account back.

You should hear back withing 24 hours of replying to that automated email. If you don't hear anything within that time, please post the 8 digit case number here and I'll chase it up for you. Meanwhile, relax. It will all be fine 🙂

Thanks, I hope so.

@jwylot still haven't heard back from spotify. My case # is 01372614. Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.

I'll chase it for you right now 🙂

mine is

@bebl when did you reply to the automated email?

@user-removed and @bebl -- looks like our support team have replied to both of you already. They'll be able to recover both your accounts if not already.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks Adam. I received an email yesterday asking for some info to reset my account. Hopefully they will contact me today with a resolution.

Lost everything too after changing my facebook password. Definitely did not select Sign Up. On the PC app, it asks for my credentials a 2nd time and doesn't recognize them. On my iPhone, it logs in successfully but all my playlists, follows, etc., are gone. It also says I am a free user when I've been Premium for quite some time.

Spotify Case # 01379648

Just used contact form about an hour ago; hopefully they can recover my account soon.

I also need help for this same issue. My premium account has been deleted. I still will use Spotify(premium) but I just want to be certain I don't get charged double.

Suggested posts