Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Followers and Verified Artist Was Transferred to Someone Else

My Followers and Verified Artist Was Transferred to Someone Else

First let me say that in the past two months my experience on trying to contact Spotify and get help with this problem has been extremely difficult. The contact forum for Spotify makes you input your problem through some sort of questionaire without having the ability to just contact them or submit a question they do not have the subject to in their drop down box. All this being said I've tried contacting Spotify once and contacted Tunecore twice about this problem, anyway without further to do maybe this community board can help me.

I am an artist who is on Spotify, not big time by any means but with enough *insert stereotypical I'm gonna make it adjectives/speeches here.*  Ok the point is, two months ago another artist with my same name appeared under my name on my Spotify page. Not so bad, I thought, this should be an easy fix. Well I contacted Tunecore (which just so everyone knows is a service that distributes music to online retailers without the need of a label with this issue and they were quick to respond and quick to fix the problem, however now things are worse than ever.

Originally I had 19 followers on my band page (Led Zepplin here I come) and a verified artist account, but instead of giving those to me, during the transfer I was left with 1 follower (myself) and the new artist received all of my followers and verified artist account.

The artist name (not trying to promote just hoping if by some miracle a Spotify employee reads this and I can get a fix this will help) is BigK and I even have all the login information for the verified artist account (I can actually log in to this new guys profile through my verified artist account, which is the account's email I post this from).

I really hope someone can at least point me in the direction I need to go to finally get all of this sorted out.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply

Was it the artist services team you have been talking too?
http://www.spotifyartists.com/contact-us/

^ If not I would contact them using that form.

Unfortunately, it's down to how Spotify currently handles artists with the same name, they essentially get bundles onto one page (and therefore share followers). What I think has happened is you have had a new artist page created just for you, and unfortunately it is not possible to move followers between pages or accounts.

It's one of those situations, unfortunately being there first doesn't give you any special treatment, ideally you needed the other person to move page not the other way around.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts