Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My payment method has changed, and won't work properly.

My payment method has changed, and won't work properly.

Hi there, my name is Morgan!

So, I'll start by saying this isn't anyone's fault, it's just a technical issue, but a bit of an oversight. I absolutely love Spotify, and intend to keep using it if we can fix this issue.

So, this month, the debit card I had been using to keep Spotify going expired, so I went to change my payment method over to my new card. I was told the process could not be completed, so I immediately checked to make sure everything was correct, and tried again. The same issue. I've been checking different things up until today, when I got fed up and called my bank. The person helping me at the bank said that there was an attempted $0.00 charge from Spotify, however, their system does not allow this payment to go through since they updated it in the past year to block charges like this.

Essentially, I need to be able to charge my account at least one cent before being able to process my card information, which is why I need some serious assistance here. The only reason that the $0.00 charge is being issued is to test to see if my new card works, which shares the same card number as the previous, only changing expiration dates and security codes. I was hoping I could get some help.

1 Reply

Hey @GrizzlyMomo and welcome to the community!

Ohh what a pity! Sorry to hear what you're going through. I suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/. Maybe they can skip the 0.00$ payment for you. Or at least they can tell you what to do. They are really the only ones that can help since it's an "inner"-account-problem and not something common to answer.

Anyways, if you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts