Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My profile name is now all numbers

My profile name is now all numbers

Hi,

I have been using spotify free with my facebook for over a year and now suddenly today my profile name that friends see is all numbers. It shows my facebook name when I login fine but when people look for me to follow me all they see is numbers instead of a name and the same if I click on my own profile all I see is numbers for a name under it as well. I read through the posts here and saw some others with issues discussing router issues but that is not the problem I am having. All ports needed are available to spotify.

thanks for any help.

21 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Would you be able to post a link to your profile? Just head to your own profile, right click on your photo/name and select Copy HTTP link.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Here is the link hope this helps you help me 😉

I also just tried the reinstall spotify instructions from the help area as well for windows 7 and still same problem Infact when I reinstalled spotify and just restarted it my name was those numbers then after about a min it was my name but my profile is still a bunch of numbers sigh.

By the way all my friends can see for my name on spotify is those numbers now infact that is how I found out this was going on a friend went to share some new music and he couldnt find me and he figured out I was those numbers on his list 😞

I can see my name and picture from the upper right corner but after that my profile is that number and that is all anyone who is looking for me sees 😞

It's worth reinstalling Spotify for an issue like this as that'll often fix things. Does that change anything for you?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I did that if you read my post its says by the way I just tried the reinstall spotify instructions for windows 7. No it did not fix it if you continue to read here is quote from my above post please read:

"I also just tried the reinstall spotify instructions from the help area as well for windows 7 and still same problem Infact when I reinstalled spotify and just restarted it my name was those numbers then after about a min it was my name but my profile is still a bunch of numbers sigh"

My fault, sorry. Get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

It's a Facebook connection problem on your side. I'm seeing your real name and image when I open your profile.

so if its facebook on my side how do i fix that? and why can you see my name and stuff but my friends cannot and those who are following me allready in spotify only see my number instead of name on their lists and when looking at my profile. Im desperate to fix this I really really love spotify I was just about to buy a subscription for myself this past week as it was my birthday but when this happened I figured id better hold off 😞 

@user-removed wrote:

so if its facebook on my side how do i fix that? and why can you see my name and stuff but my friends cannot and those who are following me allready in spotify only see my number instead of name on their lists and when looking at my profile. Im desperate to fix this I really really love spotify I was just about to buy a subscription for myself this past week as it was my birthday but when this happened I figured id better hold off 😞 

I would suggest you get in touch using the link Adam posted above if you haven't already done so 😉 

Peter

Peter

I did  that before I ever posted here I started this thread because the response was automated so I thought well maybe someone knows how to fix this while I am waiting 🙂 Also Adam you said if it is auto reply to reply directly to it but the email address to reply to is noreply-support@spotify.com; would anyone ever see my messages to that?

If I reply back to the automated response the email address is noreply-support@spotify.com; would I just not be going in circles with this as to me that email address the automated email used sounds like no one will reply ?

@user-removed wrote:

If I reply back to the automated response the email address is noreply-support@spotify.com; would I just not be going in circles with this as to me that email address the automated email used sounds like no one will reply ?

It does sound silly, but if you reply to it your message will then definitely reach a member of the team! 😉 

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter for your prompt reply I just replied to that email lets see what happens 😉

I tell you what this community  and you all have been so nice posting back to me keep up the great work and if you do figure this out while I await please let me know 🙂

@user-removed wrote:

Thanks Peter for your prompt reply I just replied to that email lets see what happens 😉

I tell you what this community  and you all have been so nice posting back to me keep up the great work and if you do figure this out while I await please let me know 🙂

Just a thought, can you post your case number here too? (its in the automated reply). I might be able to get it chased up for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Here is my case # ty for looking into it # 00702484

I've passed those details over to the community team for you 😉

Peter

Peter

Hey fibrofrogs, I've just replied to that case # myself. Check your inbox. 🙂

I wanted to thank you guys again for your help and report back that Adam emailed me and asked me to type in spotify:user:129495959 and presto my profile was now me again and not a number not sure if this was pure coincidence and the resintall I did on saturday just took 2 days to resync with facebook or that typing that in the search box cleared it up either way doing a happy dance over here. I have to find out from friends if it appears ok to them but I am assuming if I again see myself as a name and not numbers so will they.

So keep up the great work you all and if someone else reports this issue have them do the reinstall, reboot and then try typing that in maybe it will work if not tell them to wait 2 days for facebook to resync up with spotify.

Many thanks,

JoY

I'm having the same problem with my profile, my user name is ColleenGal but its showing up numbers and none of my playlists are visible to others. The user numbers are 1213265456. Thanks

@Colleengal - Are you definitely logging in using your username "ColleenGal" and Spotify password, not your email address?

Peter

Suggested posts