Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My public playlists are being shy?

My public playlists are being shy?

I've got a bunch of playlists, and a lot of them are public. But when I go onto my profile, it just says "this user has not published any playlists". 

My spotify profile: c4k3m0nst3r

A random playlist that I know I have set to public: Når man ligger helt stille og bare stirrer (norwegian title, loosely translated to "When you just lie still and stare")

When I right click the playlists, the option is to make them secret. I have tried to make them secret and then public again, to no avail. 

Anyone know what to do?

I like strange/experimental/alternative music.
20 Replies

Hi. It does look like all your plaulists are still private. Could you try making a playlist public using the web player to see if that works?

I tried to make my playlists public, but found no option to do so from the web player. Tried to create a new playlist from the web player, but it seems to be stuck at loading.

When you right click on a playlist name there should be an option in the pop-up menu to make athe playlist secret or public. Do you not see one or the other?

When I right click a playlist in the web player, my options are:

Play

Rename

Start Radio

Copy Spotify URL

----------------------

Delete

That's the options I have, no matter which playlist I right click. It's still not finished creating the playlist I tried to create either.

This is strange. Could you just try logging out of spotify then back in to see if you can then make playlists public/secret from the web player? If the option still doesn't appear, please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it to speed things along.

This is very strange indeed. Thanks for the help! I had just signed out and in from the web player before trying this (it was stuck on Japanese, and I had to clear my cache and stuff), so I'm not sure it'll work. I'll try to contact them.

Thanks!

i experience the exact same problem and the option is still not available

Im having the same problem.

Hello @BareSimon  and @elbeto77 !

If you want, could you provide a link to your user profiles? Also have you tried to create a playlist and make it public in the web player as suggested above?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

I am having the same problem.

I have a load of public playlists but none of them show up.

I do hide my activity on facebook but I don't see why that should make all my playlists invisible. I just don't want it publishing to facebook whenever I listen to anything. You know, it's called privacy. Something that's forgotten nowadays.

I tried the web app. Not very good, the playlists are flat, not in folters, and I had to run past all my old chart ones to find the current chart one.

At the end of it, there was no option to change a playlist between public and hidden. In addition I had to log in to first access it.

This is the URI for one of my playlists: https://play.spotify.com/user/earlpurple/playlist/4jGnSKUSi3Lw92M2nC7rOf

This is my Spotify profile URI:

https://play.spotify.com/user/earlpurple

Looks like all your playlists are still private @EarlPurple . If you get in touch here, the spotify guys can probably work some magic on your account. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I have done that.

I also need them to sort out that I cannot modify my account information which is not correct because when I first created my spotify account I did not give accurate information about myself, and it won't let me change it now.

I am not really born in 1931 and my postcode isn't relaly AB12 3CD although I don't know why I need to tell you that, the payment goes through Paypal anyway.

(I'm probably older than many of the other spotify users here but I'm nowhere near 83 yet).

I cannot "reply" to it to speed things along, it comes from a "do-not-reply" address.

And whilst the reply said they would look into it, nothing has been done. My playlists are not showing, I have no option to make them public from the web interface. It says I can "share" them from there but that just pops up an invisible box, and I don't want to put them on my facebook profile.

In fact I would ideally like to separate my account from facebook with regards to who is my friend.

Hello!

Even if it comes from a "do-not-reply" address please reply to that email and you should have response shortly.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Well they got back to me, and said they would delete the account and I should set up a new one.

Now my account is still there and works except that it is saying I am now a free user not a premium user. I just need them to upgrade me and would like it done rather urgently. I don't see how it is a big deal, it is obvious I paid it is in my account, and that my next renewal date is 3rd July.

If they find that hard please get them to issue me a voucher.

All my e-mails go to "support@spotify.com" and I don't feel they are getting back to it soon enough.

If they can just issue me with a voucher for now I can upgrade it for now whilst they deal with it. I don't want to create a new user account given I have now got this one to work.

Hi there! Keep replying to them until you are satisfied (don't open a whole new case via the contact form). Only the support guys can resolve this.

I did reply to them. It's a shame you don't work for spotify as you might be able to get our issues addressed quicker, or get them forwarded to the appropriate person.

The thing with systems is that "interfering" can often screw things up. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll hear back soon 🙂

I heard back with him asking me again to create a new account which I don't need.

I have a perfectly good account and just want it to be upgraded premium given that I have paid.

Last e-mail totally ignored. Now nearly 7pm and my account has horrible ads all over and won't let me offline.

Suggested posts