Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NUS Discount Error

NUS Discount Error

When I try and apply the NUS discount to my account by going to www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/go, I just get redirected to my account page with the message:
 "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again."
at the top of the page. The NUS discount hasn't already been applied to my account, and I don't even get asked for my number, it just breaks. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox, and no luck.

Please help!

4 Replies

Hey @Kantankerus and welcome to the community!

Are you already a subscribe? You need to cancel your subscription before you can apply for the student discount. If you are on free and can't get in, I'd suggest reaching out to the official support team by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Carina, thanks!

I'm currently on the free trial so I'll let that run out and try again. Thanks for the link to that form though, for some reason I couldn't find a way to email them anywhere.

Cheers!

Hi again. 

I let the free trial run out, but when I try using the student discount link I just get redirected to my account, no error message this time but the subscription is still £9.99 a month, rather than £4.99.

How can I register as a student to get the discount?

Hmm if you get directed to the account page, I suggest using the icognito mode of your browser for the process. If it doesn't work, try deleting the browsers cache. And the last option is to use a different browser (Google Chrome is recommended). Let me know if none of this works for you.

Suggested posts