Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account

Solved!

Need to change E-mail address on my Spotify Account

I need to change my e-mail address that I used to set up my Spotify account as the e-mail address is no longer active.  When I try to change it within the Spotify account I can't as my password isn't recognized under my new e-mail address, which of course hasn't been set up yet.  Does anyone please have any suggestions on how to change?  I do have the password correct as it accepts my password under the outdated e-mail address.

52 Replies

i forgot my password to log in and my original email adress linked to my profile is no longer active. i can log on with my fb account but still cant change email/pwd. i have tried to email customer support but i just get an automated reply. 

also i am paying monthly for a premium account but suddenly it shows as FREE and i am getting all the ADS and it is very annoying.

please help

thank you

It's ok i've figure everything out thanks 

@sc-davos - If you could reply directly to the automated email that will bump your case over to someone who can lend a hand (ignore the fact it tells you not to reply).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My confirm code was sent to an old email adres. How can i get spotify to re send it to my current email adres?

@Ko1234 - Use this form instead: 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've done it many time, but still no change..

How can I I find my email adress I forgotten the one Associated with my screen name or account I need to change my password since I log out by accident I know my screen name only...

How did you do it I forgot my email and I cannnot re set my password ?

I deactivated my Facebook account and do NOT want to login to Spotify through Facebook any longer (as it reactivates Facebook). Is there any way I can remove the link to Facebook and just attach my account to my email address instead? I don't want to lose all my music, or I would create a separate Spotify account. Any advice welcome please. Thank you.

New email address. I don't remember the PW to my old email account now I can't log in. How do I reset my email

@Bscampbellxx Do you have your Spotify password? Or did you forget that one too?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Countryboi864

If you can't change it through your profile page, I suggest you contact support using this alternative contact form so they can help you:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account when using the contact form or the username and email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

osorniosSpotify Star

I can't get it to even let me click on it.

Hi

Kindly ensure that ALL MY EMAIL is forwarded to my APPROPRIATE ADDRESS, which is:

joescopa@iinet.net.au     (and NOT to jscpa@bigpond.com)

Thank you

Regards 

Joseph Scopa

@1272003370

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook. Your emails will go to the same email you use for Facebook. You can edit your email address, gender, and birthday on your Facebook account page.

osorniosSpotify Star

I need assistance with find the email address thats linked to my Spotify account. Can anyone assist?

Hey @misstiffstar,

If you have access to your account (username / password), you can look for it and update it, if you like, in your profile page.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I need to change my e-mail address that I used to set up my Spotify account as the e-mail address is no longer active. When I try to change it within the Spotify account I can't as my password isn't recognized under my new e-mail address, which of course hasn't been set up yet. Does anyone please have any suggestions on how to change? I do have the password correct as it accepts my password under the outdated e-mail address.

Solution send to: jan.nagtzaam@gmail.com please (the old one doesn't excist)

Hey @jannagtzaam

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to change your email address for you.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the Community, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts