Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to free my account, to use an offer from my phone carrier

Solved!

Need to free my account, to use an offer from my phone carrier

Hi there!

I've moved to Finland, and Sonera offers 6 months free Spotify Premium subscription. I've been a Premium user of Spotify for the last two years, and I want to continue being one... but I obviously want to use the offer! Plus, I need to move my account to Finland anyways.

The problem is... I'm lost on how to do this. The last payment was done on October 5th, and the offer expires on November 4th, so if I don't have my account non-premiumified, I'll miss the offer.

What can I do? Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you need your subscription to end early (and looking at the dates you do) get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to do that for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there ! 
Welcome to the community,
So your first issue is move to a free account, that's easy, go to : https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/ , and there you'll have some options to change your payment method and to cancel your subscription. And I'm posting here a guide just in case you have any trouble changing your country on spotify, I copied it from another post so thanks the moderator Sam: 

"Hello all,

Are you having trouble changing the country in your account? Don't worry, it's nice and easy to sort.

Firstly, head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

If you're still having trouble, just contact Customer Support here. They'll be more than happy to help out. "

Give kudos if you think it was useful, and mark 'Accept as Solution' if it solved your problem!
Marked as solution

If you need your subscription to end early (and looking at the dates you do) get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to do that for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter! I did that, and they solved the issue marvelously! 🙂

Suggested posts