Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not Searchable / Friends Can't Find Me

Not Searchable / Friends Can't Find Me

Hi- having an issue where none of my friends can find me by searching my name.  I am a premium subscriber and my Facebook account is linked.  When they search my name, "Jonathan Berk", my account just doesn't show up.  My user ID is 1230827052 but I want to be searchable by name so I don't have to give that to people.  Sharing playlists does work but only if I send them the link to it... then they are able to see my account and follow me, but that's the only way so far.  Any idea what's up?  Thanks in advance!

21 Replies

Your account is linked to facebook and your facebook friends can search for you by typing your facebook name into the main seach bar. Non-friends would need to know your all-digit username and search on that. 

This post explains this in more detail.

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my original post, but I was referring to my Facebook friends who still can't find me on the service.  Not even talking about non-Facebook friends.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks

As I said, they should be able to search on your real name as long as you are facebook friends and both spotify accounts are linked to facebook. There's a post here which goes into this in detail.

But that *doesn't* work, that's exactly the problem, that's why I'm posting here.  I know it should work, but it doesn't.  

Also, how can I make myself searchable to people who are *not* Facebook friends?  I.e., everyone on Spotify.  Perhaps that would solve the problem (rather indirectly).  

I've read the post you reference but it hasn't addressed my issue unfortunately.  

This is a puzzle. There's no way for everyone to be able to find you. Can you search for your facebook friends on spotify? Are you saying that none of you facebook friends can find you or some can and others can't?

Are none of them listed if you click on "Follow" ?

If you get in touch here, the account guys may be able to help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I am Having the same issue.... Been trying to figure it out no luck... 😞

Are you friends with these people on Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter- yes!  But the problem persists.  

Hallo, I have the same problem, no one can find me by my ID 

Is thera any restriction? Or where is the problem.

Thaks 

Matteo

Hello:

Try using this in the search window spotify:user:11124444679 I found you just fine Matteo.

I'm also having this issue. Did anyone resolve it?  I can only find some of my facebook friends, and friends cannot seem to find me.  

@lcb - Are you logging in using a username or with Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had the same issue I logged in with my facebook account and I couldnt search any of my friends but what did work was in the search engine I typed  spotify:user:  followed by the account of the person you are trying to search for (example spotify:user:11124444679) . Also facebook changed their privacy settings so you might want to update that as well.

Same issue for me.  I just signed up to Premium a few days ago.  I'm finding friends but my profile is not showing for them.  Any help is appreciated.

Hi was there a soloution to this as I'm having the exact same issue and it's stressing me out.

I'm still waiting for a solution myself

I'm a dj and made a playlist. Somehow people can't find my new playlist.
It's made with a new account: jacklessandthefox (not connected via facebook).

Is there a solution to find my playlist ? playlist name is Jackless & The Fox Weekly Twenty.

I have this problem too and it is so annoying because I always want to show my playlists to friends but they can never find me even though I have my facebook connected

I'm having the same problem: other users can't find me through search! I'm logged in through Facebook. 

Suggested posts