Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

I've disconnected my Spotify account from my Facebook account, but Spotify still shows my full name, even though I didn't create my Spotify account through Facebook. Why? It's highly irritating. I've cleared all internet history, and that don't help either. What can I do about this? It's been some days since I disconnected them from eachother.

50 Replies

Only personal facebook accounts can be linked to Spotify which may be why you're having difficulty. If you want to promote your business through spotify, the advertiser pages may be of interest.

I dont want any account linked to it. 
I signed up with a username+ email. not a fb acount. 

A fb acount was linked (accidently< and removed) 

but the details remain, Is there a time delay ?

Ah yes. Give it 24 hours to work its way out of the system.

Thanks. 

Hi its the same problem for me.. i dont wanna be linked to fb.
just want my username (flynth) not Jens gullman please help me

@flynth I just replied in your other thread. Let's keep this in one place please.

Hello Sam - 

I've done the same as twowaymonologue and the same thing has happened.  I've disconnected from Facebook, I've deleted and resinstalled the client, I've emptied the cache, but my full real name and profile picture still display.  Can you reset it for me as well?  I simply want 'jackiewonderful' as the username.  (I use a Mac and I created my account without Facebook.)

Thank you so much - I really appreciate it.

Rick

@jackiewonderful - How long ago did you disconnect from Facebook?

It can take up to 48 hours for the servers to play catch up to the changes in your profile.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I have pretty much the same problem as everyone else. I want my Facebook account information deleted from Spotify. I just want my user name to show up and a picture of my chosing and not my facebook information.

I created my account with username and email (not facebook). I linked it to find other friends but didn't think it will switch my profile with my personal information.

Please reset it for me.

Thank you!

@Dragriffin - If your Spotify username is "Dragriffin" I can confirm that account is not connected to Facebook and is not showing your real name on your public profile.

If you are still seeing Facebook information in your apps, try re-installing to clear out the old data&colon;
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I just had it checked by a friend and it still shows my name and picture on it... I did a reinstall and  everything. No change.

I already unlinked my FB account (48+ hours ago), uninstalled/installed the desktop app and nothing happened.  Help

I've NEVER knowingly connected my Facebook account to my Spotify account because I absolutely detest Facebook and keep as barebones as posible. Today I went to remove more pictures from my account and threw in a dummy picture for as my profile picture and to my HORROR discovered that Spotify now shows that new image as my icon.

I'm extremely upset about this as I'm perfectly content with my SPOTIFY user account and want to keep it that way.

Why does Spotify have access to my Facebook profile shot if I've never connected the two and both sides are showing neither is added in the settings?

I would like to also remove my spotify account from FB.  I tried deactivating my FB account several times but when i log in to Spotifiy it reactivates my FB....very frustrating.  Please help me pull my FB account from my Spotify

@1dlewilde wrote:

I've NEVER knowingly connected my Facebook account to my Spotify account because I absolutely detest Facebook and keep as barebones as posible. Today I went to remove more pictures from my account and threw in a dummy picture for as my profile picture and to my HORROR discovered that Spotify now shows that new image as my icon.

I'm extremely upset about this as I'm perfectly content with my SPOTIFY user account and want to keep it that way.

Why does Spotify have access to my Facebook profile shot if I've never connected the two and both sides are showing neither is added in the settings?

Hi 1dlewilde

I've taken a look and your Spotify account has been connected to Facebook. This can only be done by going to Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Connect to Facebook. Please let me know if you'd like me to disconnect the two (or alternatively, head to Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook).

@user-removed wrote:

I would like to also remove my spotify account from FB.  I tried deactivating my FB account several times but when i log in to Spotifiy it reactivates my FB....very frustrating.  Please help me pull my FB account from my Spotify

@Please reach out to @SpotifyCares or https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/ to allow us to help with this.

@yulaicesar wrote:

I already unlinked my FB account (48+ hours ago), uninstalled/installed the desktop app and nothing happened.  Help

Hey @yulaicesar,

It doesn't look like the account was disconnected properly. 

I've now gone ahead and done it for you.

Thank you, i've tried deactivating through FB but it keeps coming back.  I did originally make my account through FB.  I've used the link you provided and have submitted my issue.  

@user-removed wrote:

Thank you, i've tried deactivating through FB but it keeps coming back.  I did originally make my account through FB.  I've used the link you provided and have submitted my issue.  

Awesome 🙂

Hello Grace!   Could you please disconnect my Spotify account from my Facebook?  I've tried for quite a while now, going online, help forums, deleting and reinstalling following your directions, but no matter what, when I log in, my username (jackiewonderful) changes to Rick Lechowick and my FB photo pops up.  I love Spotify and I pay for premium and I would just LOVE it if there was no connection at all to my Facebook account.

Thank you so, so much for any help!

Rick

Suggested posts