Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

Not connected to Facebook but it still shows my full name

I've disconnected my Spotify account from my Facebook account, but Spotify still shows my full name, even though I didn't create my Spotify account through Facebook. Why? It's highly irritating. I've cleared all internet history, and that don't help either. What can I do about this? It's been some days since I disconnected them from eachother.

50 Replies

@jackiewonderful - Just having a look your public profile definitely isn't connected to Facebook. Might be worth trying re-installing the app following the steps here:

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks!  Now it's ok 🙂

What exactly did you do?

@yulaicesar - My guess is the systems were just playing slow to catch up. Glad it is fixed!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I connected and disconnected Facebook from Spotify literally minutes apart, but now my Spotify user name (megyn) is still displaying as my Facebook user name (Sticki Vicki), and my icon remains my Facebook icon. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, but it's still displaying my Facebook info. Can someone on the admin end disconnect my user from Facebook for good? Thanks!  

@megyn 

It can take up to 24 hours to update

If you are stil having trouble after 24 hours,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same problem for me here. I had a private account linked with my Facebook account which was working fine. Then I opened up another account for our business (without Facebook). I linked the business account to my Facebook account (foolishly, I thought that I would be able to link the FB page to a spotify account) and now they act as one account even after clicking disconnect in the profile settings. So now, when I want to use my private account it transfers me to the business account while displaying my FB username while all I want is to have the two separated all together.

Can you please disconnect my Facebook from my Spotify? My Facebook username is still showing even though I disconnected it

Hi Sam

i've got the same problem twowaymonologue can you please fix

@deckboy82

It can take up to 24 hours to update.

If you are stil having trouble after 24 hours, you should contact support so they can help you:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

osorniosSpotify Star

I disconnected from Facebook and It still shows my full name. I've tried the clean reinstallation on both my android phone and Windows 10 computer and no change. Any ideas?

Hey @j__i__v,

It takes a few days for your Facebook information to be removed. Give it a little time, and you'll see your name removed and back to your Spotify username.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts