Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Obtain a Spotify username and password is not sending the E-Mail with Password as announced!

Obtain a Spotify username and password is not sending the E-Mail with Password as announced!

Obtain a Spotify username and password

Is this Service working, any success of other users in the last few hours or days?

regards

2_pad

21 Replies

Hey!

Don't worry, the password can take up to 48 hours to come through after a request. However, if you ask for a password more than once, it will slow the process and delay you receiving it. 

Has it taken longer than this since you put the request in?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,

I also have the same problem and I put in my request three days ago?

// Peter

PeterW - I've just sent you an email. We should be able to sort it nice and quickly.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I just tried to get a new retrieve password email but I cant wait for days to get that email. Normally an email is send within seconds. Can some Spotify dude please help asap.

PeterH - Are you after a new password for your Spotify on your computer or for a Sonos device?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I was after a pw for my Squeezebox Radio. But it's all good now. waited a couple of hours for the pw email to show but I tried to retrieve a new one by pressing " send new password" and it came instantly.

Thanks!

This is ridiculous, I downloaded Spotify two days ago and have bought a new Sonos system which cost me  a lot of money> when I downloaded Spotify I was forced to set up a Facebook account which I did not want, then when I go to use Spotify with my Sonos system it tells me I need a user name and password. Then you go to the log in page and the whole merry annoying process starts again. I have contacted Spotify four times now and not had one reply.

Why is some thing that should be so simple made so difficult, can anyone tell me how i obtain a user name and password?

Thanks

Vhannon - Just replied to your email. Should sort it for you.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

That's sorted it thanks, I can now enjoy my new system.

Thanks

i am having the same promblem as the person u have responded via this message to can you please tell me how to obtian my spotify password . i know my username as i have logged onto this with it but have no password to access my sonos account, thanks

Hi there - It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for that password reset to reach your inbox. Making multiple requests can slow this down significantly. 

When did you first ask for your password? Have you checked your Spam filter too?

HI, it was over 24 hours ago but Sam came back to me after I posted this message and its all sorted now. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I am having the same problem!  I have requested a device password and its taking ages to come through.  Its such a pain!!

Can someone send me the email please?

Thanks.

@jdmcd12 wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem!  I have requested a device password and its taking ages to come through.  Its such a pain!!

Can someone send me the email please?

Thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you are having issues getting the email, you can get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue and support have sent me to the same link where when selected a password never arrives in my inbox ??? Pls help

Now im not happy, sent 3 emails all with same reply from support. Click link, i pay for service i expect a responce from a person!! i dont recive email and its not in junk and i have waited over 72 hours before clicking again, im losing my rag what can i do?

It's been well over 48 hours and I haven't been able to get a password link in my email either -_-. I see a lot of posts with people having the same problem, I don't see how this is acceptable for a paid service.

My email case # 00791280

Thanks

I'm not receiving an email with my Squeezebox device password! I tried to submit one several weeks ago and then again this morning. Please help!

@1282684 wrote:

I'm not receiving an email with my Squeezebox device password! I tried to submit one several weeks ago and then again this morning. Please help!

Hey there, if you've checked your spam/junk folders and it's not there, get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts