Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline access for this computer/device has been withdrawn - What?

Offline access for this computer/device has been withdrawn - What?

Hi. My computer has been revoked offline access for no apparent reason. I've payed my account every month, my Paypal account has sufficient funds to pay next month. I only have two devices connected and I did NOTHING for this to happen, I was listening to some music when the "Offline access..." announcement appeared. I've read Spotify's FAQ and help and it has been of no help because a)I only have two devices connected and b)I've payed my subscription every month. 

Thanks in advance.

Off-topic comment but let me tell you I find it appalling that Spotify has no support staff, and if it does I couldn't find the link anywhere on the site. Sure, I can send an e-mail for comments and suggestions, but I have found no "Support ticket" or "Contact support" links anywhere. I'm paying 90 dollars a year for this and so are tens or hundreds of thousands of people, a support staff is a must for such a big company with this much revenue. A community is awesome, but that's kind of relegating help to other users instead of taking care of it directly. 

10 Replies

Weird, does it show you have 3 devices here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Spotify do have dedicated email support (link below) and twitter support @SpotifyCares.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for replying and thank you for posting the link! My bad. 

There are only two devices on that list: my computer and my phone. Nobody else has access. The offline access was revoked without reason and I can't find anyone else who has the same problem. 

I'll send an e-mail to the support staff, if you guys have any ideas let me know. Thanks a bunch.

Hmmm only other reason I can think it would happen is if your device was offline for more than 30 days?

Peter

Same thing has happened to me, yesterday and I logged off followed the instructions and it was fine last night. Put computer to sleep and now the same message has come up. I have 3 devices all can be seen on my account, payments are up to date. Other devices are fine. So help would be great. Thanks.

@goodward - All I can suggest to do is resync your offline content, not sure what is going on but there is no way to undo it once it undownloads your content.

Peter

Thanks, I've done that so it's all back, just hoping it stays. 🙂

I have had the same issue occur twice now in the past fortnight. 

I ony had three devices connected to my account, and I wasn't logged in anywhere else/noone else has access to my password, my subscription is not expired, and I use Spotify everyday, so it has nothing to do with the 30-day policy.

I had an issue once where Spotify would no longer add to my offline playlists because my computer's drive was full - this isn't the issue now, there's lots of space.

This is a dodgy and time-consuming task having to now, twice in a fortnight, download the playlists again.

Any other suggestions?

This happens to me everytime there is an update, and that seems to happen almost every month.  How can I resync all of my music at the same time, as opposed to resyncing each play list at a time.  I have a very large library and this can prove to be rather daunting.   

This has happened to me too. I only have offline access on my phone and laptop and my laptop keeps cancelling my offline playlists everytime I try to make them available offline. I've tried removing my devices and it hasn't worked. I've wasted the last hour of my life trying to fix the problem. This is nothing short of a joke for €10 a month.

Same problem here. On the link you gave I have only two devices offline. I would like to have one more - but it says that offline acces has been withdrawn.. What should I do?

Suggested posts