Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline devices not recognized

Solved!

Offline devices not recognized

Hi all,

I am using Spotify on both an Android PC and an Android tablet, but somehow they don't show up in the offline devices page on my online account. Anyone knows a fix for this?

Also, saving or downloading songs (offline mode) doesn't work on my tablet. (Didn't check this on the PC though.) I guess this is related to the above problem.

Note: the tablet and PC do communicate with each other perfectly.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply!

I've removed and reinstalled Spotify on my tablet, but that made no difference. It's still not listed as offline device.

Perhaps more important than that:

downloading songs (for offline mode) seems to be not working properly on the tablet. I can download songs, switch to offline mode, and play them... but once Spotify is shut down and restarted, the offline songs are only found when switching back to online mode (which to me doesn't make sense).

Any thoughts on that?

(I assumed these two issues are related..)

Thanks a lot!

Update: both issues magically fixed themselves overnight. Perhaps I had to be a little more patient...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @fastneutrino 

Thanks for posting on the communtiy and welcome! Hope you're well?

It's not ideal but does reinstalling Spotify on the devices help? You can find instructions on how to do so here. Another thing to check, is how much available space do you have on the devices?

Let me know, I'd love to help 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply!

I've removed and reinstalled Spotify on my tablet, but that made no difference. It's still not listed as offline device.

Perhaps more important than that:

downloading songs (for offline mode) seems to be not working properly on the tablet. I can download songs, switch to offline mode, and play them... but once Spotify is shut down and restarted, the offline songs are only found when switching back to online mode (which to me doesn't make sense).

Any thoughts on that?

(I assumed these two issues are related..)

Thanks a lot!

Update: both issues magically fixed themselves overnight. Perhaps I had to be a little more patient...

If it flares up again @fastneutrino please post back and we can troubleshoot further. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts