Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

Solved!

[Ongoing Service Issue] My profile picture and name won't show up?

For some reason, my profile picture and name are not loading today. My picture is just the generic one and my name is just numbers. Also, when I try to access my profile, it won't load. It's just a blank page. All my playlists are still there and music still plays, but my profile info won't load. I've already tried logging out and logging back in but that didn't help.

[Edit: Updating Title - Peter]

196 Replies

tried the web player and none of my playlists will load and pretty much having the same problem.

It has been like this for two days now, the exact same problem. Can't see any of my contacts, or my own profile. Please fix, this is a "premium" service after all. This problem also exists on my iPhone app. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 11.35.58 AM.png

Once again, Spotify is slow and uncommunicative with a problem. I'm really getting sick of this. They have barely updated the user experience in 2 years, practically neglect user feedback for improvements, and then they let their social network go down (FOR OVER 18 HOURS NOW) without any sort of mass acknowledgment to its users of the problem or attempts to resolve it.

This is amateurish behavior, and it seriously makes me question whether I should continue to pay almost $10 a month for a service that appears to be stagnating and unresponsive to its users.

Seriously, if you are that unhappy, it's way past time to move on to a service you like better...

Well, problems arise in any system like this one, and we've actually seen several acknowledgements of this particular problem, which is great. I've been very discouraged with Spotify's responsiveness in the past, especially when I've gone looking for a solution to a problem only to find it mentioned in unresolved threads from 6 and 8 months before. Based on experiences like that, I don't expect this problem to be resolved in the next few hours, but it's good to know that SOMEone has seen them and at least says they are working on it. 

Also, a lot of this depends on the community itself. If 10 or 12 of us have gone to the trouble to post here, you know there must be at least a few thousand people who are affected but have not bothered to speak up about it. If you are one of those people reading this right now, please log in and at least say, "Me too."

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, people. 

Dear Spotify -- I'm still experiencing all the same problems now. 

now search functionality is also not working. COOL. 

There have been a couple of posts from Spotify staff in other threads but I can't find them right now. Unfortunately something like this, which is affecting all platforms, has led to a raft of threads over the last day. Rest assured that they are aware and the tech staff are working on it.

Except of course the last tweet from @SpotifyStatus says otherwise: https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/448460829957304320

Contacting @SpofityCares is pointless.

They should get off twitter if they're not going to use properly.

I admit I have been sitting back reading this thread and hoping for a resolution. Chad's last response prompted me to make a community account and reply. I have been having this same exact issue since mid-morning yesterday. On my work computer I can navigate to all my playlists and search for artists, but it seems anything social is malfunctioning. My Activity feed froze yesterday morning and then disappeared, and is still gone. My profile is blank, and if I navigate to other users' profiles, they are also blank. My profile picture is gone from the top right corner, and my username appears as a number. My old messages still appear, but everyone's names are #'s as well.

Luckily all of my music still plays fine, unless I login via play.spotify.com, then it tells me my playlists failed to load. My Facebook page still reflects what I am currently listening to in my Spotify box correctly, but that is the extent of it.

I use an older version of Spotify on my laptop at home, and was having the same issues, only my Activity feed was frozen, not blank.

@smheeren wrote:

I admit I have been sitting back reading this thread and hoping for a resolution. Chad's last response prompted me to make a community account and reply. I have been having this same exact issue since mid-morning yesterday. On my work computer I can navigate to all my playlists and search for artists, but it seems anything social is malfunctioning. My Activity feed froze yesterday morning and then disappeared, and is still gone. My profile is blank, and if I navigate to other users' profiles, they are also blank. My profile picture is gone from the top right corner, and my username appears as a number. My old messages still appear, but everyone's names are #'s as well.

Luckily all of my music still plays fine, unless I login via play.spotify.com, then it tells me my playlists failed to load. My Facebook page still reflects what I am currently listening to in my Spotify box correctly, but that is the extent of it.

I use an older version of Spotify on my laptop at home, and was having the same issues, only my Activity feed was frozen, not blank.

Glad you decided to chime in here, and the previous poster is correct, help usually depends on how loud you ask for it, so the more the better. It's great that someone has said they are working on it but i've seen that answer before with no resolution for months. Yes this is a problem and NO we don't want to just go to another service, I actually love love love Spotify (when it works correctly) so I would rather they become a bit more responsive to problems rather than just switching to a diffrent service.

So if you are reading this and are having the same problems, please sign in and say me too, like was previously suggested.  I am working on a desktop with window 7 BTW.

Also, why is this thread marked as "solved"?? It is NOT solved! And I fail to see how marking it such is helpful.

solvedNOT.png

I will rest assured when Spotify starts regularly responding to user feedback in a timely manner. Until then, it's just words.

I have no idea why it's marked as solved. 0_0 I swear I didn't mark this as solved. Weird.

Same problem ugh driving me nuts

@Raven1111 wrote:

I have no idea why it's marked as solved. 0_0 I swear I didn't mark this as solved. Weird.

I'm quite sure you didn't!

I think a number of the community moderators are a little eager with the "solved" button. I think they need an "acknowledged" button instead!

@boxeegrrrl wrote:

@Raven1111 wrote:

I'm quite sure you didn't!

I think a number of the community moderators are a little eager with the "solved" button. I think they need an "acknowledged" button instead!

That's totally not true. The thread is no longer marked as solved.

boxeegrrrl. I already have. I linger on Spotify because I share playlists with friends, and my friends only use Spotify. Naturally, now the primary feature I've stuck around for is broken.

I am experiencing the same problem. I've been seriously considering signing on for the premium service; that being said as long as my profile, contacts, and ability to follow anything is down I'm won't be able to pull the trigger. It's true though, the louder the voice the harder it is to ignore.... unless Spotify is deaf; that would ironic. 

Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know that we hear you and we are aware of the issues being experienced regarding profile names and pictures and the activity feed not loading correctly.

First of all, thanks for your continued patience.

We are working on it right now and will update here as soon as we hear anything or have any news.

I'm chiming in as well. Experiencing the same problems as above. No profile picture or username, no activity feed, and I cannot send messages as my profile cannot "find friends" so yeah. The only reason I use spotify despite the fact that I like itunes interface better is because of the social aspect. Now with that malfunctioning I am extremely frustrated. 

Suggested posts