Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paid for premium but haven't got it

Solved!

Paid for premium but haven't got it

I have just updated from free to premium, I have paid but it hasn't updated?!!

Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you are having getting your Premium, is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

415 Replies

me too.

Same here.

same here

wtf is this?

I just paid for premium, but libspotify-using applications don't work.

Also, when I want to request a spotify application key, I get the error message "Sorry, you need Spotify premium to apply for an application key."

However, on https://www.spotify.com/fr/account/overview/ I can read "You have an active Spotify Premium" subscription." (loosely translated from French).

Similar here. 

I paid for unlimited but still having "free" account. I tried loging out and even uninstall/reinstall but still does not work at all!

me too, what to do ?

same here!

Same here.

Edit: Fixed, thx. 🙂

Same here...

Paid for it too but no change, still unlimited =/

same here! my iphone app says its premium but my desktop still says free

My phone still says that "you need a premiun account (code 409)"

how did you get it onto your iphone? 🙂

i hadn't downloaded the spotify app before so i downloaded, signed in, and can play anything, looks like i have premium on there but not on my desktop version (the one i use the most at work!) rubbish.

Hi guys,

This sounds pretty strange. In order to look into this closer, we'll need to take some security details. Which are best not discussed over this. Could you all please complete a Contact Form and email into us. Just head to 'About Us' (above) and then 'Contact Form'.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

mee too! i got the 30 day free trial of premium and nothing has changed!

Longshorts - Looks like we posted at the same time there. Could you get in touch with Customer Support please. There are instructions above.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

mines fixed! says im a premium user now!

Suggested posts