Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Password reset, can't login & do not receive pw reset email

Password reset, can't login & do not receive pw reset email

I cannot login or change my password and am not receiving any password reset emails from spotify. I do not use Facebook for my paid premium account. I'm using another account to post this. I Have not received an email from spotify customer services/help either after 5 attempts. I waited 3 days after my first submission & still nothing!! I feel like I am being scammed for my payments and cannot even login or receive the email to change my pw. My account login name is: aktivedevelopment
11 Replies

Hey there @JasonA, welcome to the community!

If you haven't already, contact customer services through this form here (if that link doesn't work try this one here.) If you receive a "no-reply" email directing you back to the community, just reply to it and you'll be connected to an agent that will be more than happy to assist you.

If you already submitted a form, reply with your case number here and I'll escalate it for you. Please note, with account issues like this, it does take longer for a reply as they have to investigate what happened to your account.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

It's also worth trying entering your username rather than your email address on the reset page if you haven't already tried that!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have already tried both, still no case # or reply from submitting the customer service form multiple times w both username & email. I waited multiple days after each attempt. I need help ASAP. I'm about to go to a news station to tell them how bad Spotify customer service is if I do not recieve any help.

Please escalate this complaint / service request so I can access my account. I'm not paying to use spotify to not have access to it for half a month!!

Did you not even get an automated email reply when you got in touch?

Peter

No, I have not received any email from Spotify. I have checked the spam folder as well. Please help.

That is weird, you definitely should have got one.

Can you open another case using this form and a working email then post your 8-digit case number and I will ask someone to chase it up for you?
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/

Peter

I have submitted that form multiple times and have NOT received an email back or a 8 digit case number!!!

My email address I used to register for my premium account is no longer active due to my web hosting site being cancelled. Can I have someone contact me at <snip>@gmail.com instead of <snip>@aktivedevelopment.com my credit card info is the same.

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

01692648 : case number

@JasonA - Ah that will be the reason. I've hidden a few email details from your post just to stop you from getting any bot related spam.

If you could reply directly to that email with the case number in it (even if it is from no-reply) that will bump your case to make sure someone gets back to you ASAP.

Peter

Suggested posts