Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paypal option missing?

Solved!

Paypal option missing?

Hi all,

today I got an email that my Spotify subscription got cancelled, because :Unfortunately we couldn’t take payment from you, so we’ve cancelled your Premium subscription for now.

I had a paypal monthly payment set up for Premium, I used to have problems with it, so last month Spotify support cancelled my subscription and re-added it, the payment went through. In PayPal's history I see that the payment was attempted twice, Spotify declined it both times.

Now, if I try to click the "Upgrade" button, I get prompted for credit card details, the paypal option is missing. Any idea how to renew my subscription with PayPal again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Xpucu, welcome to the community!

The billing process has changed just a little bit. 😉

On the payment page click "Want to use another payment option"

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.13 AM.png

Then click the Paypal button

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.22 AM.png

Then enter your zip code and click "change payment details"

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.39 AM.png

You will then be redirected to the Paypal checkout page!

If the option to use Paypal doesn't show, reply with the country you are located in and I will investigate what happened. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Xpucu, welcome to the community!

The billing process has changed just a little bit. 😉

On the payment page click "Want to use another payment option"

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.13 AM.png

Then click the Paypal button

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.22 AM.png

Then enter your zip code and click "change payment details"

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.44.39 AM.png

You will then be redirected to the Paypal checkout page!

If the option to use Paypal doesn't show, reply with the country you are located in and I will investigate what happened. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Thanks!

The option does not show when I access the page from my iPhone (with Safari). I just tried it on my PC and it did show up, so I was able to make the payment - thanks!

I still don't understand why I need my subscription to be cancelled every month so I can stay Premium. When re-setting the payment, I am using the same paypal account and obviously, the same settings - Spotify accepts it just fine. But when the monthly schedule triggeres, Spotify always declines my payment. The workaround with cancelling the subscription and re-subscribing works, but it is annoying.  I hope it gets fixed at some point...

@Xpucu wrote:

Thanks!

The option does not show when I access the page from my iPhone (with Safari). I just tried it on my PC and it did show up, so I was able to make the payment - thanks!

I still don't understand why I need my subscription to be cancelled every month so I can stay Premium. When re-setting the payment, I am using the same paypal account and obviously, the same settings - Spotify accepts it just fine. But when the monthly schedule triggeres, Spotify always declines my payment. The workaround with cancelling the subscription and re-subscribing works, but it is annoying.  I hope it gets fixed at some point...

No problem! 🙂

Hmm. I'll ask the team where it is at on mobile version of Safari. I'll also look into the Paypal issue and let you know what I hear! 🙂

Hey guys!

I've just checked out the upgrade page on an iPhone using Safari, and the PayPal option has showed up okay. 

If you need to upgrade using this device/broswer again, try clearing the browser cache first. Let us know if it disappears for you again.

As for the recurring payments not going through, this is very odd.  

Looking at your account, it says the payment is unable to complete with your PayPal wallet. 

Do you have any other recurring payments taken out of this account? Is your PayPal verified with a confirmed card? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi, thanks for cheking.

Yes, I do have other recurring payments (w/ Facebook) that go through just fine, the card is confirmed, it has funds, it''s allowed for payments abroad/online and the billing address on it is in the same country as my Spotify account.

Last month, when I had a ticket opened with  Spotify support about this, I also checked with PayPal. According to them, Spotify is the party that denies to accept the payment - it goes through on mi side.

I'm from Brazil and the Paypal option didn't show up, only if I change my country to USA or other country, is possible to Brazilians pay using Paypal or we must have a internacional credit card?

Suggested posts