Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists disappeared

Solved!

Playlists disappeared

To begin with, English isn’t my first language, so I am sorry for any mistakes. Also I am posting with another account, since I am unable to login on spotify.com with the original account (which I will explain later).

Today I decided it was a good time to clean up my Facebook-apps, while doing this I deleted the Spotify-app, not knowing about the terrible outcome. When l wanted to listen to some music later today, I logged in and noticed, that all the playlists I made were gone. Over 600 songs in 10 playlists disappeared. So at the moment I am really upset by this, since over one year of work has gone.

I think that Spotify created a new account over my original account, since I now have a free Spotify-account instead of premium. Can anybody help me to recover my original account and/or playlists??

Some info that might be useful:

• The reason of not being able to login on spotify.com is that I don’t know my username (don’t even know if I got a username), never had trouble with this before since I always logged in with my email-address on Spotify (the program).
  • I downloaded the music from Spotify to my computer, so I was able to listen to music while being offline; I did the same on my phone. So I think the playlists are still somewhere on my computer and smartphone.
  • I have the info off my email-address, but I don’t know if I should/am allowed to post it on the forums.

I also would like to know if I can use Spotify without having the facebook-app, so things like this won’t happen again.

I really like Spotify as a music service for managing my playlists and discovering new music. I hope someone can help me out, so I can enjoy listening to music with your service again.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi both welcome to the community:-)

This issue happens often, your accounts have been accidently duplicated. 

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form, or in case you aren't able to login using the alternative form.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

All my playlists are gone too, and I've done nothing that would make them all of a sudden get erased. What the f*** has happened? Not even the restore tool for my playlists will work!

Ally's
Marked as solution

Hi both welcome to the community:-)

This issue happens often, your accounts have been accidently duplicated. 

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form, or in case you aren't able to login using the alternative form.

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts