Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium account thinks it was a free acount.

Solved!

Premium account thinks it was a free acount.

Hey there,

since almost 1 1/2 weeks my premium account doesn't work properly anymore.

monthly payments have been made but it only allows me to play shuffle on my xperia and plays ads and shows pop-ups.
going to my profile just told me that i can't upgrade my "free" account to premium since that would not be available in germany. but it is. and it is no free account if i pay for it, right? all the offline availability is gone and that's pretty sad because i am going to be on vacation from next week on. already bought new bluetooth speakers to enjoy the trip but first i seem to need to switch back to good old mp3. but i don't want to...

i already wrote a ticket last week, but only got an automated answer. i replied to that nonetheless...
there is no such thing as a hotline for technical problems?

hoping to have this solved.
bests,
Max

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

seems to be solved now. thanks to everybody involved 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Can you see previous receipts on your online account?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there!
Yes, i can see a history of my subscription payments.

Sounds like something has gone wrong meaning your last payment didn't go through properly which is why it won't let you upgrade either. You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you up and running again. I notice you mention you have done this before, if possible would you be able to provide your 8-digit case number (which is in the subject line of the automated reply) and I will ask someone to check it out for you? 

Peter

yep that's what i thought too, because at one point in my account it says quit premium and upgrade to premium on the same page.

thanks for your help, looks like you're quite a busy bee here. do you work for spotify?
nonetheless, if you offer that much help, of course i'm lucky to take that chance...

i know this sounds stupid but i created two tickets, since i didn't know what category this should be in
# 01440502 (in login problems)
# 01440500 (other)

thanks Peter 😉

p.s..: hopefully there will be a way to fix this without losing my playlists / creating a new account and before next monday, because i'll be on vacation and was really looking forward to take my favorite music with me then. of course i had lots of music before spotify but i loved it (when it worked) and now im quite used to have it.

Yup I'm always busy, but I don't work for Spotify just here to help out fellow music lovers!

I will get those case numbers passed over to the Spotify guys for you now.

Peter

Hi there,

Fear not! I can see that an advisor is on the case and will be in touch soon 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.
Marked as solution

seems to be solved now. thanks to everybody involved 🙂

and thanks a lot, peter, for pushing this! 😉

No worries! Enjoy your music! Let us know if you have anymore issues in the future! 🙂

Peter

peter,

i am having a similar problem. my premium account is playing ads. why is this?

Suggested posts