Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Solved!

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Hi there,

This is solution attempt number 5 and I'm starting to get rather pi**ed by now.

I've used Spotify for several years (with interruption), am am Premium subscriber (payment via Sofortdauerauftrag) and everything worked fine so far.

Last Friday, my account got downgraded to Spotify free. The monthly payment is due on every 24th (so today for next month), since it worked perfectly during the first weeks of the month, it is definitely not a faulty payment.

The only thing not working is Premium, hence I got advertisement and shuffle on mobile and cannot safe new music offline (however, older music is still present on my cellphone)

I already tried: reinstall on both mobile and desktop and multiple Log-off / log-in procedures. I opened a service request on Saturday ( # 01262760) and Sunday(# 01264751) since I only received that automatically generated mail telling me to try the FAQ's and thought I chose a wrong topic and the first one wasn't processed. I also tried to replying to the generated message as proposed in this thread, as of now, nothing lead to the slightest reaction from support. (The last time I had a problem, I got a solution within 15 minutes on a Saturday - too bad you changed that)

I know you do not guaranty any of your service in your legal terms, but since people have been successful with similar problems by ranting in the communities, let's give it a try.

Regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello you two,

My problem got solved, so I guess I'll share my experience with you. Just as you already did, I opened a support ticket under "payment issues" and also reported the case numbers here (though I opened a new topic). Maybe after "Peter" got in touch with it's colleagues, I got my mail answered. In my case, the problem seemed to be, that the payments via "Sofortauftrag" got delayed overtime, they were expected on every 21st and in the end, mine were automatically transferred the 24th. Spotify canceled my subscription (since I hadn't payed, though it wasn't my fault...). The support guy, who got in touch with me unlocked my account and credited the payment I've already made as a gift card to assign the last payment to my account. Next month I ' ll probably set up a regular payment method for premium. Overall, the whole process took about half a week. (Or a whole week, since we had some miscommunication about setting up a new account, but that was my fault.) Overall service was very nice and not bad, but in my opinion way better a year ago.

Good luck with your issues and kind regards from Germany

Chris

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@renerhmff - If you could reply directly to the automated email with the case number in it that will ensure your case reaches an adviser. Getting a reply might take a little longer than normal, I fear the team might be swamped with cases from this payment issue (we have seen loads on the community which normally only scratches the surface).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

140 Replies

There have been other reports of issues with Sofortdauerauftrag today here on the community. Let me escalate those case numbers see what is going on for you.

Peter

Hello,

I reported a problem on Friday Feb. 28th  (# 01278859) and it turns out that it is exactly the same issue as described here by Speakerator. My premium subscription was last paid on Feb. 28th but I can't use it.

Well, if Spotify can't respond to the individual incidents then it would be good if Spotify could communicate at least in this Forum if they are already working on this and when it can be resolved.

Thanks and regards

Jurvie

Hi,

I have the same problem... Spotify Premium has been downgraded on Friday.
My payment method is Sofortdauerauftrag.
I opened a service request on Saturday(#01280079) - no reaction.. Please check what's going on and upgrade My Account . I'm realy annoyed!

Regards
Marked as solution

Hello you two,

My problem got solved, so I guess I'll share my experience with you. Just as you already did, I opened a support ticket under "payment issues" and also reported the case numbers here (though I opened a new topic). Maybe after "Peter" got in touch with it's colleagues, I got my mail answered. In my case, the problem seemed to be, that the payments via "Sofortauftrag" got delayed overtime, they were expected on every 21st and in the end, mine were automatically transferred the 24th. Spotify canceled my subscription (since I hadn't payed, though it wasn't my fault...). The support guy, who got in touch with me unlocked my account and credited the payment I've already made as a gift card to assign the last payment to my account. Next month I ' ll probably set up a regular payment method for premium. Overall, the whole process took about half a week. (Or a whole week, since we had some miscommunication about setting up a new account, but that was my fault.) Overall service was very nice and not bad, but in my opinion way better a year ago.

Good luck with your issues and kind regards from Germany

Chris

There do appear to be ongoing issues with Sofortauftrag payments.

I'm escalating those extra case numbers for you now guys.

Peter

Same issues here 😞 My case numer is #01282520. I already answered on the atomaticly generated Mail.

Please help

How long ago was this?

Peter

The answer was an hour ago. My original Ticket was yesterday

If you don't hear anything back within 48 hours of replying, give us another shout here and we can chase it up for you.

Peter

I got the same Problem. My normal Payment should be taken at 02.03.2014.On my Bank Account it was booked from 04.03.2014. I created a support ticket (# 01289220).

@SolidNerd - Are you paying via Sofortdauerauftrag?

Peter

yep

I have escalated that case number for you now. Hopefully someone will be in touch shortly.

Peter

The Support doesn't react until now. But under my receipt's i can see the Payment for the Month.When i logged in Spotify it say's i am not a Premium Member. 

The Support fixed it for me.

Awesome! 🙂

Peter

# 01292944

This is my number, im a Happy Premium User, but i now only have free Status, although i pay my Abo... please help!

Thanks Moichelmaus.

I can see that your case is in queue and someone will be in touch shortly 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Same issue here, payments were working via Sofortdauerauftrag until January. Now I was downgraded to Free...

My case no. 01264924.

Please escalate or advise what to do.

Suggested posts