Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Solved!

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Hi there,

This is solution attempt number 5 and I'm starting to get rather pi**ed by now.

I've used Spotify for several years (with interruption), am am Premium subscriber (payment via Sofortdauerauftrag) and everything worked fine so far.

Last Friday, my account got downgraded to Spotify free. The monthly payment is due on every 24th (so today for next month), since it worked perfectly during the first weeks of the month, it is definitely not a faulty payment.

The only thing not working is Premium, hence I got advertisement and shuffle on mobile and cannot safe new music offline (however, older music is still present on my cellphone)

I already tried: reinstall on both mobile and desktop and multiple Log-off / log-in procedures. I opened a service request on Saturday ( # 01262760) and Sunday(# 01264751) since I only received that automatically generated mail telling me to try the FAQ's and thought I chose a wrong topic and the first one wasn't processed. I also tried to replying to the generated message as proposed in this thread, as of now, nothing lead to the slightest reaction from support. (The last time I had a problem, I got a solution within 15 minutes on a Saturday - too bad you changed that)

I know you do not guaranty any of your service in your legal terms, but since people have been successful with similar problems by ranting in the communities, let's give it a try.

Regards,

Chris

140 Replies

Done.

Hi all,

It seems I have the same problem.

Case # 01387620

Hoping for help!

Cheers

Alex Schmidt

Hi @user-removed What was the issue you reported and did you reply to the automated email? If not, could you do so now and one of the support guys should get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks for the quick response.

Problem: Premium is gone despite payment. Cannot re-subscribe to Premium since, according to Spotify, this product was not available in my country (Germany).

Cheers,

Alex

I have the same problems pls help.

Fall # 01388923

I have the same problem! Case number: # 0138895.

@anovka and @Jacky87 When did you reply to the automated emails? If you haven't replied yet, please do so now and you should hear back from a consultant soon.

Achtung: Sofort GmbH unterstützt keine Daueraufträge mehr!!! Hier ein Zitat des Supports:

Ich habe einen Blick in dein Konto geworfen und es sieht so aus, als habe es ein Problem bei der letzten Überweisung via Sofort-Dauerauftrag gegeben, welches einige Kunden betraf, darum wurde dein Abo jetzt gestoppt.

Dafür möchten wir uns entschuldigen, wir sind aber leider nicht in der Lage, dein altes Abo jetzt zu reaktivieren, das heisst aber nicht, dass wir dir den bezahlten Monat nicht erstatten werden. Wir werden unser Bestes tun, dich so schnell wie möglich zu entschädigen.

Anschließend hast du die Möglichkeit, entweder die 9,99€ erstattet zu bekommen oder eine neue Premiummitgliedschaft zu erhalten. Außerdem musst du in deinem Onlinebanking den Dauerauftrag beenden und eine neue Bezahlmethode auf http://www.spotify.com/account/subscription wählen. Kontaktiere bitte den Spotify Support, sie werden dir den Schaden ersetzen!

MfG,
Nico

hi again,

my username is 1146114659. still didn't get anything. Paid my subscription fee though. So, what is it going to be? Am I just getting robbed of my money for nothing?

Thanks @Fredator >I'll escalate to the staff for you.

Hi @Fredator!

I've just searched and located two cases from your email address. 

We replied to one on 10/4/2014 and another on 11/4/2014, but from your posts it seems these have not reached you.

I have just re-sent one of these emails to your registered email address, so please check your inbox now to see if it's arrived.

As already mentioned, it's also worth checking your spam/junk folder just in case it's there too. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi @Greg! Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, maybe your internal mailserver has been doing some bad things because this time I got the email. There was no spam notification, so I guess, that the previous emails didn't really arrive at my mail provider (I check for false positives regularly).

I would like to take the option where I get the Premium status for the month. Also, I wanted to change my payment method, but when I tried that earlier today, I got the irritating "so sad that you want to quit spotify" message - I could not select an alternate payment  method. How can I achieve that ?

Thanks for the support and sorry for my frustration in earlier posts, but this has been some frustrating time with having to listen to the adds again...

Seem to have the same problem: the payment was due (with SofortDauerautfrag) for the 18th, but I just checked and it got done on the 22th. Since then I have no Premium access...

I've also used Spotify for a couple of years with a Premium subscription, and payment via Sofortdauerauftrag, without a problem until now...

Service request  #01399206

Regards,

Felipe

Hey Guys,

I´ve got the same Problem and the same payment (Sofotdauerauftrag). 

I already used the contact formular twice but Spotify didn´t reply anyhow. I never got a confirmation of my mail.

My Spotify account got downgraded more than one week ago.

My User ID is: 1129901654

Kind regards

Steffen

@Fredator - If you keep replying to the emails from support, they will be able to get you sorted - unfortunately Spotify don't deal with any payment or billing issues here on the community. 

@pipeta - It appears there have been problems with Sofort since last month, the German support team will need to lend a hand. If you haven't already done so, please reply directly to the automated email which contains the case number and that will ensure your case reaches an adviser. 

@SteffenGrtzlev - If you didn't receive confirmation, please open a new case using this form, ensuring you use a working email address in the first box:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dear Peter,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I answered back, but I did not get any response yet. And the commercials are getting on my nerves.

It is quite frustating that after almost a week there is still no solution.

Cheers,

Felipe

@pipeta - If you don't hear anything back after 24 hours of replying to that email give us another shout here and we can escalate it further.

Peter

@Peter: quick update: 

A spotify support member contacted me today and everything has been solved:

- I got a month voucher to cover for the month I had already payed for.

- I can now select another payment method, that, hopefully, will work better.

Many thanks for your help!

You are very welcome! Glad it is all sorted! 🙂

Peter

Hi Peter,

Same problem here. I also have Sofort-Dauerauftrag and have been a happy premium subscriber for two years now, but since two days, I am not able to get Spotify Premium anymore. Since this seems to be a problem with the payment method, I changed my payment to credit card today. I also sent an email to the support, but didn't get any answer back...

My case number is # 01418084

Thank you so much for your help in advance,

René

Suggested posts