Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Solved!

Premium gone despite payment, support not reacting

Hi there,

This is solution attempt number 5 and I'm starting to get rather pi**ed by now.

I've used Spotify for several years (with interruption), am am Premium subscriber (payment via Sofortdauerauftrag) and everything worked fine so far.

Last Friday, my account got downgraded to Spotify free. The monthly payment is due on every 24th (so today for next month), since it worked perfectly during the first weeks of the month, it is definitely not a faulty payment.

The only thing not working is Premium, hence I got advertisement and shuffle on mobile and cannot safe new music offline (however, older music is still present on my cellphone)

I already tried: reinstall on both mobile and desktop and multiple Log-off / log-in procedures. I opened a service request on Saturday ( # 01262760) and Sunday(# 01264751) since I only received that automatically generated mail telling me to try the FAQ's and thought I chose a wrong topic and the first one wasn't processed. I also tried to replying to the generated message as proposed in this thread, as of now, nothing lead to the slightest reaction from support. (The last time I had a problem, I got a solution within 15 minutes on a Saturday - too bad you changed that)

I know you do not guaranty any of your service in your legal terms, but since people have been successful with similar problems by ranting in the communities, let's give it a try.

Regards,

Chris

140 Replies
Marked as solution

@renerhmff - If you could reply directly to the automated email with the case number in it that will ensure your case reaches an adviser. Getting a reply might take a little longer than normal, I fear the team might be swamped with cases from this payment issue (we have seen loads on the community which normally only scratches the surface).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help, will do that!

Have a great day,

René

Hello, I am having the same issue, however, I don't believe I paid via Soforftauftrag. My bank account and Spotify receipt both indicate that I have paid for my subscription, however, when I log in to my mobile device, it is stuck on the free ad-based version. I have opened ticket #01420757. Any help you've got would be much appreciated!

I have the same issue. since a couple of days it says I am on a free account when I try to use the apps. When I go into the account it says I will be changed to premium after 28 April (2 days ago!) even though I have a premium account for months. also last month's payment was received and this month's is due this week.

this thread dod not really say what o do in this case, so I am hopeing someone will pick up on this reply and fix the problem.

@stdohrn - Get in touch with the payments team here and they can lend a hand:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email reply, just reply directly to it and an adviser will be in touch as soon as they can.

Peter

Hey Peter!

Looks like I have the same issue here with sofortdauerauftrag from Germany. One payment in March didn't arrive obviously, but the payment of April is on my payment bill and off my bank account. Still spotify treats me like a free subscriber and suggests to upgrade to Premium even though I am a premium subscriber.

Thanks for you help!

Best from Germany!

I have exactly the same problem.

I am also paying via Sofortüberweisung.

Please help.

Spotify are aware of some payment issues with SofortDauerautfrag payments over the past month. If you use that payment method, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get you back up and running again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you also post your 8-digit case number here, we can ask for it to be chased up for you. 

Peter

My Case Number is: 

Hey @Veodosis -- that case is with our payments folks. They'll be in touch via email as soon as possible. Sit tight.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hey! My number is 01425150. Thanks!

Same problem here, also paying via SofortDauerauftrag,

spotify obviously didn't receive payments in February and March but again in April.

My case number is 01426248, please let me know if someone is handling my problem!

Thank you

Thanks @Peter.

Just to add that in my case it is also SofortDauerauftrag and the payment beginning of April does not seem to have been received.

My case nr. is #01422171

Just got my Premium account renewed by the support team, thumbs up!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi there,

my Premium is still not working and there is still no word from the support!

Does someone have any advise?

@Froschkoenigin - Let me see if I can get someone to check this out for you.

Peter

Same problem with SofortDauerauftrag right here. My case number is: 01452023

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've the same problem with SofortDauerauftrag. Support is not answering since Thursday. My case number is: 01441070. Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Hi guys!

I've just chased up your cases and can confirm they are with the correct team.

You'll get an email reply soon, apologies for the delay on this!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I need help aswell with my Payment. #01453820

Suggested posts