Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium membership appears as free user

Solved!

Premium membership appears as free user

Hi, up until my accounts where merged, I was a premium member, I have been paying 9.99 for a while, but now it appears that I am only on a free subscription, my last  credit card payment was done on Sept 25th. I still want to be a premium member and I'm paying for it but you are not delivering your service properly. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@aunora - Sounds like you may have set up a duplciate account somehow, it's super annoying but it happens. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@peterjim - Is your account definitely on Spotify Premium not Unlimited on your online account?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I have the same problem since yesterday, and when I try to re-subscribe again to Premium they say that this is not possible and that I have to cancel my subscrption! (wtf!). Ok, I tried to cancel ( and probably my playlist for the last 2 years...), and what happens? Error 404... I can't even cancel my account. I wasted 2 hours at work this morning, after paying to Spotify for the last 2 years almost. Support is very useless and I can't find a solution in Internet. I just want my Spotify back as it was before, I use it everyday!

@juliusmesa - That subscription would be up for renewal either today or tomorrow, are you sure your last payment went through (check your email as you get an automated one if a payment fails)?

@fjavfernandez - How do you pay for your subscription exactly?

Peter

I am having the same problem, but I am still getting premium on my PC, and on my Windows Phone, but my Samsung android phone is getting free only.  I am using the same login for all three. I have been charged successfully for my monthly payment again for premium on October 21st.

Oh freaky, I found the problem. I have two passwords for the same username. If i login with the one password its free, but the second password its premium.  So problem solved i guess.

I have the same problem! I've had the premium account for about two years and about a week ago the premium and the playlist were gone. Still my account had been charged normally (18th november), after the prenium disappeard. I've logged in and out an done probably everything I can think of, but still no change. I originally created the acconut with facebook. What can I do????

My premium membership works fine on Windows and Linux, but on my new Android phone I see my playlists (indicating that I have logged in properly) but no premium. I've logged out and in few times.
On Android, I told Play Store my PayPal details, but I pay for Spotify by CC - could this be relevant?
What to do?
Marked as solution

@aunora - Sounds like you may have set up a duplciate account somehow, it's super annoying but it happens. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@peterjim - Is your account definitely on Spotify Premium not Unlimited on your online account?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Solved - thank you.  I didn't realise there are 3 service levels these days (Free, Unlimited, Premium).  I have Unlimited - which doesn't exist on mobile devices, so reverts to Free.  My misunderstanding. 

Thanks for being so polite!

Suggested posts