Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Purchasing a gift card for myself to take to Canada from UK

Solved!

Purchasing a gift card for myself to take to Canada from UK

Hello all,

The background:

I am leaving the UK to move to Canada. My current employer wants to buy me a leaving gift and I suggested a Spotify subscription in the form of an e-card. As they don't have an account they want me to buy it using my account. N.B. I have not yet used my month free trial of Premium.

The question:

Is there any problem with buying my own e-card, moving to Canada, changing my location to Canada, starting my free Premium trial and when it is due to expire activating my e-card to start my Premium gift period?

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't do that. Spotify Premium codes are locked to the country they are purchased in. The only thing you can do is get the gift, redeem it whilst still in the UK then leave your account on UK in Canada until that Premium runs out, then subscribe normally as a Canadian customer. This does however exclude you from the 30-day free trial in Canada.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't do that. Spotify Premium codes are locked to the country they are purchased in. The only thing you can do is get the gift, redeem it whilst still in the UK then leave your account on UK in Canada until that Premium runs out, then subscribe normally as a Canadian customer. This does however exclude you from the 30-day free trial in Canada.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts