Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio - Thumbs up and down

Solved!

Radio - Thumbs up and down

Hi,

I always use Spotify Radio during working hours. Does anyone know how you can ban bands from showing up even if you have given a thumbs down. For example my "Rock" station continues to play Nickelback every 6-7 songs even though I have given them thumbs down every time.

/ Erik

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately there is no way to ban a band, thumbing them down is the best we can do at the minute (even though it doesn't really seem to work most of the time!).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately there is no way to ban a band, thumbing them down is the best we can do at the minute (even though it doesn't really seem to work most of the time!).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, too bad

Thanks anyhow for your quick reply

/ E

I have a related question- I continue to thumbs down a specific track that continues to appear in different playlists etc. For example, even though I make the effort, in a day's work I hear the song "Happy" at least four times across various playlists. 

This is an improvement request- the radio stations are good, but they are not good at learning. 

buuuuut nickelback plays so much. you cant let them pay you off to play their songs more often!!! in all my rock playlists they play so much its appears to be far more common than just coincidence. im a paying subscriber and this is the only issue I have had with spotify. plz no more nickelback. make the thumbs down mean something or stop giving special treatment to nickelback plzplzplz

Suggested posts