Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Received email from Spotify for a free gramaphon

Solved!

Received email from Spotify for a free gramaphon

Has anyone else received an email from Spotify claiming to offer a free Gramaphon gift code? I am unsure of what category to ask customer service about any newsletters, emails, etc that they send to me. I really want to verify that this is a true offer and NOT spam. Thanks for any help.

spotifyEmail.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@StarbuckUnited - I have some good news, Spotify have confirmed that is a genuine email! 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with the support team directly either using the online contact form or tweeting @SpotifyCares.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Sounds almost too good to be true. What email address did it come from?

Peter

(connectvip@spotify.com) is what's on top of email.

I've asked someone from Spotify to verify if it is genuine or not.

Peter

Marked as solution

@StarbuckUnited - I have some good news, Spotify have confirmed that is a genuine email! 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with the support team directly either using the online contact form or tweeting @SpotifyCares.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

oh wow. that is too friggin' cool. thanks for the help 😄

I bought a Gramofon on pre-order. It's junk.

1- It has trouble connecting to your home wifi network, it only seems to work over ethernet.

2- It sets up a public hotspot for Fon that uses your internet connection. You're basically sharing your internet connection with the public. You have to contact Fon to disable it.

I absolutely disagree with you! I have the gramafon for almost 3 weeks also and absolutely have no issues with WiFi. Next to that you can turn of the Fon Hotspot yourself by selecting the "Clone WiFi Signal"-function of the gramafon. You can do this via the webinterface or the iOS app.

i totally agree. it was slightly confusin' at first out of the box. but as this product takes off, it'll be easier. User error and/or their internet speeds don't mean that the product is faulty lol. i jammed out to mine for the first time and LOVE it. can't wait to travel around with this baby to further test the social function of it, via other people hoppin' onboard it and addin' music to the queue. 😄

Suggested posts