Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
bmatty14
Accepted Solution

Remove facebook account link

I want to get rid of my facebook account.  I hate it!  But, I lnked my spotify premium account with it when I signed up.  is there a way I can get facebook out of the picture and log directly into spotify now that facebook is registered with my profile?

Community Legend
Stupify

Re: Remove facebook account link

No. Spotify requires a Facebook account. You can't create a new account without Facebook either.

Concert Regular
KarintT

I registered before facebook was a requirement (thank god!). I just got an oportunity to get Spotify Premium free for a year and registered that today  to my account. I then discover that when my friends search for me on Spotify they find my account but it shows up with my mothers name AND her picture!! This must be because she tried it a few days a while ago. I gues she connected it with her facebook. Now it seems that I´m stuck with that because I can´t find any way to change it. I don´t use FB and don´t want to, it sucks!! I have disabled every facebook sharing-option that I can and it does look ok in my own Spotify client. It´s my friends that see the wrong name and picture.

Why can´t the connection between FB and Spotify be optional??? Who made that deal?? I´m very happy with Spotify in every other way. This idiotic FB-connection is the only reason that I´m even looking for other music alternatives.

Can you please PLEASE help me get rid of my mothers name on my account?!

Concert Regular
kazza365

Hi 

My daughter logged in to my spotify and now I have her facebook picture up and music trends from her friends! She doesnt use the facebook account anymore and it also has the red bar across the top say failed to enable spotify social!  I dont have facebook and I have had a premium account before you decided to link up with facebook, I want this removed please

Community Legend
licenced

As you have an old Spotify account, make sure you are logged into Spotify with your Spotify username and password and not your daughters FB details, then in the Preferences page there should be a Disconnect From Facebook button near the bottom.

Hopefully that does it for you.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Concert Regular
kazza365

Hey thanks for your reply licenced

I log on to spotify with my user name and password, always have but it still has her pic in the corner,

The facebook account she must have used at some point is no longer in use

I still dont now what to do ? 

I stil have the red bar?

Thanks

Community Legend
licenced

So did you try the disconnect from facebook button?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Concert Regular
kazza365

Sorry I did not mean to accept it as a solution, where is the disconnect from facebook button?

Concert Regular
kazza365

Hey Licensed,

I logged out and logged back in , it was still the same, then i clicked log into facebook - didnt type anything and closed it then hey presto! its back to normal :D

Concert Regular
KarintT

I have tried that button, My account is still linked to my mothers in some way. My Friends still see her picture and name when they searh for my name in Spotify. :(

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.