Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
dessiluu

Remove link to facebook

Oh no, somebody logged in with their facebook account on my computer to view their own playlist. But that linked my spotify premium account permanently to another ones facebook account. AND there is NO WAY to disassociate the two accounts. How on earth can I remove the facebook link?

Community Legend
Stupify

Re: Remove link to facebook

It's under Edit->Preferences, click on "Disconnect from Facebook" under Social Network. If the button doesn't appear, log out and log back in with your spotify username and password.

Gig Goer
dessiluu

That does not work, the button is simply not there, shows Connect to facebook... For split seconds, my real username is shown in the top corner, but then it switches to the wrong facebook user again (which is not me!). Plus, I get the red bar "Failed to enable Spotify social" all the time. Should it make any difference, I use both OSX and Windows, but there is no difference. The problem must be in some setting stored online I can't change/access.

There must be another way than to kill the account...

Spotify
David
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

I've just taken a look at your account and it doesn't appear that there is a Facebook account connected at all...
-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
dessiluu

Hi,

That is strange, because there is another persons name and facebook logo in the top right corner... And the Failed to enable Spotify social banner.

And it appears on every spotify desktop client on different computers.

Concert Regular
KarintT

I have the same problem. My mother used my account and now her picture, name and friends at FB show up when my boyfriend tries to add me as a friend in Spotify. It looks like he´s adding my mother and not me. I have tried to disconnect from FB but nothing changes. I don´t have a Facebook-account myself and I DON´T want one! (I Used Spotify before the facebook-rule).

What should I do?

kpe
Music Fan
kpe

I had the same problem but I managed to get rid of the red bar "Failed to enable Spotify social"  and my firend's name in the top right corner by going to edit- preferences-  and deselect "share my activity on spotify social"

Concert Regular
KarintT

Maybe my problem wasn't exactly the same as what dessiluu described.

I don´t have a red bar in my own Spotify. Everything looks fine there.

It´s when my friends try to search for me inside Spotify with: "Spotify:user:xxxxx". They do find my account, so far so good, but it shows up as belonging to my mom. It´s her name and even her picture showing as the "owner".

This must come from her facebook, and I can´t change it because I don´t have a facebook account of my own.

You would think that there would be an option here on Spotify´s webpage where I could write my name and so on, but it doesn't seem to be that way. Using facebook should not be forced on to people!

Music Fan
Valerie18

Someone help me please! My Spotify premium is currently linked to my Facebook, and I want to get rid of FB desperately! I went under Preferences in my Spotify and did not see any link to remove Facebook...is there another way?!?!

Peter
Kudos: 11,604
Solutions: 3,213

@Valerie18 - Follow the steps in this tutorial to disconnect your account from Facebook. If you would rather someone at Spotify do it for you, there is a link to get in touch near the top ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.