Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Jakobmortensen
Accepted Solution

Reset Password not working

A long time ago i tryed to change my payment method but i could'nt when i cant remember my spotify password and my facebook password wont work when changing payment method

And the reset password form wont send me a password and i tried to write an email to the support crew but it takes 2 weeks between every answer and they dont understand either ...

My spotify Account name in Jakobmortensen

I would really like to pay for spotify but i cant when you wont let me and the support is soooooo.....ooooooo....oooooo bad ...

Community Manager
Meredith

Re: Reset Password not working

[ Edited ]

Hi Jakobmortensen- Welcome to the Community! Let's see if we can clear this up for you.

The reason you've not received a password reset email is because your account is linked to Facebook. Any password resets need to be done directly via the Facebook website.

Once you've confirmed your FB password, please be sure you've logged out of the Facebook site. Then give that upgrade another try via your subscription page

--------

Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Concert Regular
Jakobmortensen

Im really sorry but what you're telling me is not true ...

I changed my password to facebook ... and i can log in to spotify on my laptop with facebook and with the new code but its still not working when i want to change payment method ...

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

The first thing I recommend is double checking you've logged out of the Facebook site before trying the upgrade.

A few other users have also found that changing their Internet browser helps. If you're using Internet Explorer it's worth giving Firefox or Google Chrome a try.

--------

Looking for tunes?

Concert Regular
Jakobmortensen

I've logged out on my phone, My desktop and i've also logged out of the spotify program on my desktop ...

Concert Regular
Jakobmortensen

and still not working ...

Concert Regular
Jakobmortensen

so you couldn't help or how should i see it ?

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi there-- I've done some investigating and I believe I've found the problem here. 

It seems you've made two accounts on our system. In order to confirm this and send you a password reset though we'll need to confirm a few details. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. A message is on the way. 

--------

Looking for tunes?

Concert VIP
derdaumen

So was the problem eventually solved? Can we hear how?

Music Lover
johnyjoints

Reset Password not working

I am having the same problem, I have tried reseting my password 3 times already, when I do it logs me in on the webpage, but it still doesnt let me login on my local Spotify...this is really annoying, please help

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.