Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work on my TV

[Samsung Smart TV] Spotify doesn't work on my TV

I really want to use Spotify on my Samsung TV but am having no luck. When I log in trying to use my Facebook account (which I use on my iPhone and laptop without issues) I'm told I'm using the wrong password. This makes no sense as I use the same password on all these devices. I tried changing my Facebook password and same thing - works on iPhone and PC but can't log in on TV. So I try to work around this by starting a brand-new account without Facebook and I still get error messages on my TV saying I'm using the wrong password even though I'm using the same password on all devices. What is going on? I really want to use Spotify on my TV, and upgrade to Premium, but don't want to pay for something that's not working. Can anyone help me?

12 Replies

Hi Karin_B,

I found this article on support and there said that Spotify Premium subscribers can use the Spotify app on Samsung Smart TVs.

Here it is..

https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/Samsung/

Hope it helps.

I'm having the exact same problem and the answer shown above is not a real answer. I'm trying to login through the app on the Samsung TV using my facebook creditianls because that's all I have and spotify won't let me change that and nothing. I have a Spotify Premium account.

Grrrrrrr.

Anyone? Anywhere?

Same problem!

I have spotify on my smart tv and it doesn't let me log in at all, just shows the plain logo, won't let me do anything. Please help!! P.s I am a premium user

Same problem here

Same here! Was this ever resolved? I don't have a Facebook account with spotify but I have a premium account associated with my email. I log in with my normal password and it tells me I need a premium account...even though I do.

I had the same issue; Spotify on my Smart TV kept saying that I needed a premium account to log in. I kept trying to log in with my e-mail but it kept prompting me to upgrade my account. So, I tried using my username instead and it worked. Hopefully it will work for you all as well. 🙂

I have same problem. Anyone got any ideas for a fix?

Still looking for a solution to get Spotify access on my 2015 Samsung smart tv.  Any solutions yet?  Has Spotify released a compatable app yet?

Same here, just bought a Samsung Smart TV and I'm surprised and disappointed that Spotify is not there.

If you have already upgraded to Premium on your computer, it should be working on your smart tv as well. I had to reach out to them today because mine still hadnt linked over weeks. They said instead of using my full email ( @gmail.com) I just had to use just the first part of my email, which is my username. And my password is still the same Ive always had. When I did this on my smart tv, it logged me in with the premium update and was corrected.

Suggested posts