Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone has hacked my account

Solved!

Someone has hacked my account

Somebody has hacked my spotify account and changed my email address to their own and changed my password. I can't change the password back because it keeps asking me for current password (i do not know this because the hacker set it) and sending a password reset email doesn't work as it goes to this hackers email, not my own. I've already filled out a support form for Spotify twice now and had no response!! The hacker keeps deleting all my playlists so I have had to cancel my subscription, can you please please help me to get my password reset so I can continue using my account!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Peter just done that!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey,

We'll make sure this gets looked into for you. Thanks for your patience and please keep an eye on your inbox soon.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I have still received no email 😞

Could you let us know the 8-digit case number from when you got in touch? It is in the subject line of the automated confirmation email.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

01463565 was the second case number I got, 01446927 was the first.

Will get those chased up for you now.

Peter

Don't worry, you'll hear from us soon.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, I have this problem too.  The case #'s are 01551248 and 01551257.  This person has shocking taste in music and is destoying my carefully curated playlists.  Please help!

@tompeters1 - Can you still access the account with your password?

Peter

Hi, thanks for the reply.  No I can't.  No access at all now!

If you haven't already done so, can you reply directly to one of the automated emails with the case number in it. That will bump your case in the system. 😉

Peter

Marked as solution

Thanks Peter just done that!

I have the same issue. Case #01634368. Please change my email back to the original gmail.com account so I can change my password. Some hacker change my Spotify account email to a fake grr.la disposible email account. I reported this a week ago and no one has fixed this yet!! Help!!!

@helpivebeenhack - If you haven't already done so, reply directly to the automated email you get when you open a support case and that will push it over to an advisor for you.

Peter

I getting really deperate now, Someone has changed my email address on my account and taken over my premium spotify account. I have got a standard reply from the support form and I have re sent my message to that reply. I am really worried and just want it sorted. HELP anyone.

Suggested posts