Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
ChrisB5
Accepted Solution

Songs Not Available?

Hello.  I am unsure why some songs are unavailble?  I'm paying for the Premium.  There are some songs, for example Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hard, that are only SOMETIMES available.  Happened with a lot of MJ's songs too.  Songs will be playable, I'll add them to my favorites and/or playlist, and then a week later they aren't playable!  Then if I wait another week suddenly I can again.  I have internet and can play the others streamed but these songs I can't.  Is this because a license is currently being renewed?  Or what is going on?  And so many of Eminem's best songs aren't added, I'm guessing because Spotify is too cheap to buy rights to stream them?  Or what is this reason?  Can I do something?  You guys say I can play it if I add it from my local files but I'm paying to have these songs!  Not to have to buy them elsewhere!  if this is the case, give premium members some credits per month to buy songs not available, so many per pay period maybe?  It's just ridiculous how some songs go on and off and others are just not available period from the same CD.  Let me know if there's anything I can do or if I just have to 'deal' with it?

Garage Band
Soltanis

Re: Songs Not Available?

Like you have said in your post, it's mostly aboutt the licenses unfortunately it's also down to the record labels to provide the data, this includes the information about the track and the track itself.

There are a number of reasons for a track to disappear and reappear for instance a label wanting to upload a different version, or a change in track information.

As for your premium, you pay for access to the catelogue you don't pay to guarantee to have your specific music in the catelogue.

You can however make the record labels aware that you feel streaming is the way forward and carry on showing your support, not only does this help yourself but will encourage others to follow.

Music Lover
ChrisB5

Makes sense, didn't think about everything else too.  Thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

-Chris

Music Fan
gypsyly

I just bought me a 10 euro card to download michal grimms country roots 1 cd all looked fine and suddenly i get the message the songs you wanted to download arent available, shouldnt there be a warning so people know what albums are and what arent available ? now  i wasted 10 euro for nothing there goes my xmas present to myself the only album i dont have from michael grimm :(

Peter
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,406
I'm a Community Rock Star

Did the tracks have the "Get" button inside the Spotify client? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Fan
gypsy_ly

the songs all had a music note behind them i clicked on them and looked like they where downloading when it was done i got the message  not available

Music Fan
awilso

Chris,

I agree with your point of view. I oay a monthly fee to listen to music NOT be deprived of music. Is SPOTIFY a new economy model or is it an OLD ECONOMY model. I couldn't give a doohikie about the record companies, they need to decide whether they are into the new economy or not. If I am deprived of my playlist when I have paid for it, it regard that as a breach of contract in tort, no contract Spotify has with me can be equitable when this occurs. Spotify take note you are liable in this situation no matter what your t&C's say - it called equity.

Peter
Kudos: 12,400
Solutions: 3,406
I'm a Community Rock Star

awilso wrote:

Chris,

I agree with your point of view. I oay a monthly fee to listen to music NOT be deprived of music. Is SPOTIFY a new economy model or is it an OLD ECONOMY model. I couldn't give a doohikie about the record companies, they need to decide whether they are into the new economy or not. If I am deprived of my playlist when I have paid for it, it regard that as a breach of contract in tort, no contract Spotify has with me can be equitable when this occurs. Spotify take note you are liable in this situation no matter what your t&C's say - it called equity.

Have you actually read the T&C's? 

How can it be equity if you don't "own" any of the content? You pay to license the content from Spotify, so you never "own" it. When a TV channel you pay for cancels your favourite show, would you feel the same way?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
tredmon0923

why do songs play on my pc but not on my mobile? Is there a solution?

Music Lover
tredmon0923

yeah what he said!!!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.