Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family

Solved!

Spotify Family

How can I upgrade to Spotify Family and merge my son's existing information into my family account so I get one bill?

His account is under the email address <snip>@gmail.com.  Mine is <snip>@gmail.com

Also, my SO is a student.  How do existing student discounts work with a family plan?

[Snip-Email(Privacy)-Peter]

-r.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You won't loose any playlists as you can use the same accounts as you use currently. You do however need to cancel any current premium subscriptions on all accounts you want to add to the family plan and then wait for those accounts to drop to Spotify Free. Once that happens you can add those existing accounts (with your playlists) to the family plan.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi there,

To upgrade to a premium subscription go here. You should cancel your current subscription before updating to a Family subscription.

Also, Students with a Family subscription will get family discount in stead of the student discount.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Just going to hide those email addresses so you don't get any spam.

I don't think the discount is actually available yet, says coming soon for me!

Peter

I thought it rolled out today for the world. It is available in The Netherlands

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Nah says "over the coming weeks" checked US and UK sites both say coming soon! Guess you guys are the lucky ones! 😄

Peter

It is available for me in the U.S.  However, I am trying to get clarification from either the forums or from Spotify about adding my wife, who is an existing Premium subscriber.  I don't want to cancel either of our accounts if the result is lost playlists.

Marked as solution

You won't loose any playlists as you can use the same accounts as you use currently. You do however need to cancel any current premium subscriptions on all accounts you want to add to the family plan and then wait for those accounts to drop to Spotify Free. Once that happens you can add those existing accounts (with your playlists) to the family plan.

Peter

Does that mean we'll lose our current premium benefits such as playlists?

I need to do the same. My son has his own premium account. but I want to cancel his and merge with my family account. So it seems he needs to cancel his premium subscription, then I can invite him into family.

In the process he will not loose any playlists etc even though he has downgraded his own premium account momentarily.

Suggested posts