Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Not Working on my Desktop but fine on my Mobile

Solved!

Spotify Not Working on my Desktop but fine on my Mobile

Hello,

Can anyone help?

After some recent payment issues i agreed to make my payment on my next pay day which was agreed and my premium account kept in place - everything has been working fine on my phone app and ive been listening to music with no worries - i have today attempted to use my desktop for the first time in a while and everything loads fine but nothing with play just remains stuck at 0.00 - had a couple error messages about payments but having checked my account everything seems fine then advised that maybe i hadnt logged out of my phone app - so i did that completely shut down my phone and still nothing

Please Help,

Duncan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

qprduncan - I've had a look at it looks like your account temporarily remained on Premium whilst the system attempted to take further payments.

However, it's now reverted back to the Free service and you can set up a new subscription over at www.spotify.com/account/subscription

Hope that helps!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Can you please log out of all my devices? Username: ikodn_

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try a clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your suggestion - i tried doing that but still no change - i can access spotify just the songs wont play and im being advised the following:

spotify has been unable to to withdraw funds from your account. to ensure that your spotify premium subscription does not expire please add funds to your bank account

everything is still working fine on my mobile app and my account seems to be fine

can i make a payment somewhere - im not using paypay

Cheers,

Duncan

You can manage your subscription and payments from your online account

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter

i can see the following:

You have an active Spotify Premium subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged €9.99 on 2013-04-10 unless you cancel your recurring payment.

obvously it is now post 10/04/13 and i dont think a payment was taken - i cant see an option to pay now - i seem a bit stuck

Marked as solution

qprduncan - I've had a look at it looks like your account temporarily remained on Premium whilst the system attempted to take further payments.

However, it's now reverted back to the Free service and you can set up a new subscription over at www.spotify.com/account/subscription

Hope that helps!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks Richard,

Have resigned up for Premium now

I have premium account and I'm not able to play ofline? I upgraded bc I wanted to ba able to listen to it on iphone!

Why is this happening?

Clara

@claramulbs wrote:

I have premium account and I'm not able to play ofline? I upgraded bc I wanted to ba able to listen to it on iphone!

Why is this happening?

Clara

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you getting an error message which is telling you to go premium? 
If so, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Be aware that Spotify are currently having a few service issues

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

@ikodn_ wrote:

I have merged your other post onto the official topic for you. A member of staff will be able to do that next time they are online. 

Peter

Peter

Oh, thank you! :)))

Hi, I Was wondering if someone could help.  Spotify has suddenly stopped working on my desktop. It will no longer even load up. The program starts and then immediately shuts down stating memory problems. My account is still working fine on my mobile and I am not sure why this is suddenly happening. I have tried a clean reinstalling but it hasn't worked. I have tried looking at my firewall settings and that hasn't worked either. Please help as I cannot use Spotify at all at the moment which is frustrating.

Thanks

Rebecca

@becster19 wrote:

Hi, I Was wondering if someone could help.  Spotify has suddenly stopped working on my desktop. It will no longer even load up. The program starts and then immediately shuts down stating memory problems. My account is still working fine on my mobile and I am not sure why this is suddenly happening. I have tried a clean reinstalling but it hasn't worked. I have tried looking at my firewall settings and that hasn't worked either. Please help as I cannot use Spotify at all at the moment which is frustrating.

Thanks

Rebecca

have you checked your Memory Technical Specs?

Do you mean whether I have any available memory? According to my computer I still have 373 GB of free memory on the computer.

@becster19 wrote:

Do you mean whether I have any available memory? According to my computer I still have 373 GB of free memory on the computer.

what about the Computer internal memory... RAM?

How do I check that? Sorry, not very computer savvy!

are you a Windows, Mac OS X or Linux user?

Windows 7 Professional

have you tried removing the Cache?

Suggested posts