Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium activation 'Error: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.'

Spotify Premium activation 'Error: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.'

Hello,

I've tried to activate a 1 month Spotify Premium code, but I get an error after pressing the button. 

My error: 'Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.'

The link I use to redeem my code: https://www.spotify.com/nl/redeem/prepaid/

How can I fix this?

Greetings.

EDIT: Used different browsers (Safari and Chrome)

18 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Did you try to redeem via your desktop, or via an mobile device/tablet?

Otherwise, you may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

I used my desktop to try to activate my code.

EDIT: Got another error now (Also another page to redeem my code apparently):

Country mismatch, Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed by recipients in the same country as the country you bought the e-card in.

In that case, where/how did you get that premium code?

I bought it online at G2A.com

I see they have different cards. Which one did you buy? And which country do you live in?

I am from The Netherlands and I bought this one: Spotify Premium 1 Month Subscription Card GLOBAL

Aha, een Hollander 😉

I don't know how G2A/reseller gets the premium codes, so it's hard to say if it's 'global' or country-based. 

Have you already tried to redeem it via https://spotify.com/redeem/ ?

^^,

When I try to redeem it there I get the error: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.

Hmm, that message doesn't say alot indeed. 

Any other device, like your mobile phone to try it on?

I've tried it on an iPhone, iPad and my PC. Same result on every device.

Then I would suggest you to get in touch with the Spotify team so they can check what's going wrong.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a nice day, the sun is already shining in Limburg 🙂

I've send a tweet to SpotifyCares, but no response yet.

I will try to send another tweet with a link to this forum.

Thanks for trying to find a solution Michael! 🙂

@Bilzard - If you don't hear anything back within 48 hours give us a shout here. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello i'am Jan from Germany, i had the same Problem.I had send a message at Spotify and had no answer now. I have the Problem at the Payment with Klarna. Someone had an Answer ? 🙂

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Jan, did you reply to the automated confirmation email?  (Even when it says no-reply)

no didn't

Then I would suggest you to reply to that automated confirmation e-mail (even when it says no-reply), so an Spotify agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

@janvonb - In that case open a new case here using a working email address:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts