Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium credit card denied

Solved!

Spotify Premium credit card denied

I'm trying to change the credit card I use for my monthly premium subscription from an MBNA Mastercard to a Barclays American Express. It keeps telling me the Amex card is from a country Spotify doesn't yet support, and won't let me continue. Barclays is a UK bank of course, and ironically MBNA is American.

If I cannot use this card I'll have to cancel my subscription as the old card will be scrapped very soon. Would appreciate some assistance in getting this credit card accepted.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I've switched my payment method to Paypal, which uses the same American Express card Spotify refused.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@mANgLEr wrote:

I'm trying to change the credit card I use for my monthly premium subscription from an MBNA Mastercard to a Barclays American Express. It keeps telling me the Amex card is from a country Spotify doesn't yet support, and won't let me continue. Barclays is a UK bank of course, and ironically MBNA is American.

If I cannot use this card I'll have to cancel my subscription as the old card will be scrapped very soon. Would appreciate some assistance in getting this credit card accepted.

Hey @mANgLEr

Sorry to hear you're having some payment trouble.

Have you checked out the info at https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card?

Hello,

My card is not being denied by the bank (according to Barclays). The payments system is denying it as being a non-UK credit card, which it is not. This is the error I get:

card_not_from_UK.png

Marked as solution

I've switched my payment method to Paypal, which uses the same American Express card Spotify refused.

Suggested posts