Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium student discount

Spotify Premium student discount

Are there any plans to extend the UK student discount to students at universities not affiliated to the NUS? (e.g. by requiring a '.ac.uk' email address to verify student status)

8 Replies

I'd also like to know this.

Hi there - Currently this discount is only available for those with an NUS Extra Card. We've got more info on this offer right here: http://www.spotify.com/uk/nus/

Any updates regarding this offer will be posted on our Spotify Blog first. It's worth checking out every once in a while to stay up-to-date. 

I would like to know how I can get a Student Discount?  I'm a Freshman at American Public University. My ID is 4401257.  Please instruct me on how to get my discount please.

Thanks,

Kristi Shaw

@kristishaw wrote:

I would like to know how I can get a Student Discount?  I'm a Freshman at American Public University. My ID is 4401257.  Please instruct me on how to get my discount please.

Thanks,

Kristi Shaw

Student discount is only available through the NUS Extra card scheme for UK students (to my knowledge) currently. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I agree, why are students in the US being charged more(double) for the same service as those in the UK are receiving? This is one of the more expensive streaming music sites and even with half off, it matches the price of several competitors. Not like we are trying to short change Spotify, we just want to be entitled to what everybody is because we have no money:(

@amerithew wrote:

I agree, why are students in the US being charged more(double) for the same service as those in the UK are receiving? This is one of the more expensive streaming music sites and even with half off, it matches the price of several competitors. Not like we are trying to short change Spotify, we just want to be entitled to what everybody is because we have no money:(

Thats not exactly true, in fact students in the UK only pay Spotify a tiny bit more than students in the US if you take into account exchange rates. $9.99 is currently £6.41 so in actual fact on normal subscriptions you guys already get it far cheaper than we do (since premium here is £9.99 which is ~$15).

I think it is also down to the organisations we have hear, NUS do a fanctastic job of getting students discount on things and supporting pretty much any student in the UK in any way they can. Really you guys need something similar in the US!

Peter

Peter

Hi there

I was just wondering whether the NUS student discount is valid for this year too? As each time I type in all my info and go to the checkout it says 'this page is not avaliable' x

@p1ooty wrote:

Hi there

I was just wondering whether the NUS student discount is valid for this year too? As each time I type in all my info and go to the checkout it says 'this page is not avaliable' x

Hey! 🙂

NUS discount is only valid on your account for 1 year even if you get a new card, have you had a year of discount already? 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can have a proper look at your account and see if there is anything weird going on.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts