Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
yjelkp
Accepted Solution

Spotify Premium without credit card?!?!

I got a Spotify account yesterday and downloaded it unto my computer and iPhone. However I noticed that I had Spotify Premium. I never signed up for Spotify Premium and I did not give any credit card information. I checked the subscription page and it said that I had Spotify Premium till 3-26-2012 unless I renewed my subscription so I'm guessing I'm on the free trial. But I thought you needed a credit card to have the free trial. 

What's going on? Am I going to be charged or is something wrong? Also, if I don't give my credit card number, am I going to be asked to be charged or will they charge me from my phone or something? 

Please help!!!!!!!!

Singer
jvanderb

Re: Spotify Premium without credit card?!?!

Hi yjelkp!

Welcome to the community!

There are currently two (perhaps more) different free trial offers.  For those who have not entered any billing information, Spotify offers a 48 hour free trial.  You are able to extend the 48-hour free trial to a full 30-day free trial by entering your billing information if you desire.  Rest assured, you have not nor will you be charged if you have not entered your billing information.  Spotify will not bill your cell phone provider.

Hope this answers your query, and hope you enjoy Spotify!

Music Lover
Amandaamour

Hi,

I would appreciate very much if you could help me out. I downloaded Spotify on my PC and it turned out to be Spotify Premium. But I didn't give any credit card info before, so I am wondering what is happening?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Amandaamour

Sam

Amandaamour - I can see you've activated the 30 day Premium trial, which you wouldn't have been able to do without a payment card. Did you not activate this?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Lover
Amandaamour

Thank you for reply! I activated the Premium 30 days only after i downloaded on my mobile device, but around ages ago,  my PC was on premium already before I use Spotify in the mobile. Is it how things should be?

Many thanks,

Amandaamour

Community Manager
Meredith

Hi Amandaamour - This is because you were on our 48 hour trial first. This something we offer to free all users who download the mobile app so they can give it a test run. 

You only needed your credit card details to extend that trial to our 30 day offer. 

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Music Fan
Beck

Ok, so I want Spotify Premium's 30 day free trial, but I don't have a credit card, would it be possible to get the free trial without a credit card?

World Tour
Marco
I'm a Community Rock Star

I've used PayPal. No credit card needed then.

Peter
Kudos: 12,379
Solutions: 3,394

Premify wrote:

I've used PayPal. No credit card needed then.

As far as I am aware, you still need a credit/debit card linked to your PayPal account to be able to use PayPal as a payment method.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

World Tour
Marco

I'm not sure how it works for other countries but in Germany you can link your bank account to PayPal without providing a credit card.

When you got a bank account you most certainly got a debit card anyways.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.