Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Farami

Spotify SO slow...

Spotify is acting up quite a lot recently. Songs are loading forever, search results never show up, friends list is loading for ages... What's going on? Why should I continue to pay for a service I can't use? Is there any info on whether there'll be a server/network upgrade to compensate for this?
Music Fan
Glendon

Re: Spotify SO slow...

Same issue. Why is that everytime software developers roll out new tech the users have to suffer from latency. Get it up to speed before you roll it out. I would much prefer high performance vs fancy attachments. 

Festival VIP
victorovies

Unbelievably slow, horrible user experience, so much that I am using iTunes again to play music. There is nothing quite like Spotify, I love it! But I hate this slowness, it drives me mad and it seems you guys at Spotify don’t care. Really, really bad!  

Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

This thread is pretty old and I haven't seen any other comments about slowness recently. What exactly is slow for you? Have you checked your internet connection?

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Festival VIP
victorovies

This thread is pretty old, yes, but others are not. There are plenty of threads about this issue, old and new, a mess in fact as usual, and helpless, as usual too. All of them unread or at least never replied by the Spotify team, of course, as usual too. And there are many pages and reviews outside the Spotify community about this problem too. Google it and you’ll see. Yes, of course I have checked my Internet connection, why should you think I am a dumb stupid? My Internet connection is fast (30MB) and everything at home connected to the internet is fast and reliable, including the PC which is brand new with a Windows experience index of 7 determined by the lowest score. What is slow for me? Slow is when I click on a song and need to wait 15 seconds before is starts playing. Slow is when I open the application and there is nothing I can do for a minute or so. Slow is when I click on "Discover" and it takes ages for the page to upload and I cannot scroll it down without continuous disruptions and clumsy response. If you don't work for Spotify you really act like them, it is always easier for the kind of you to think the other person is a dork. Thanks, but that does not help.

Peter
Kudos: 11,858
Solutions: 3,262

Are you using Windows 8 by any chance? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Festival VIP
victorovies

Yes, I am

Music Fan
EaterOfCorpses

I am using using Win7 and I am having the exact same issues. this is at home (50Mbs up/down) as at work (10Mbs up/down) I just downloaded all my songs/playlists because that was faster. but if I want to find new music I've to wait. ALOT.

Music Fan
Joeyzbg

I also got the problem.

When starting spotify, the logging in takes about 30 seconds.

Finding a song more then 5 minutes, and when i finaly play a song, there is a 10 sec buffer every 5 seconds.

I tried flushing my DNS and resetting my modem. It hasn't anything to do with my internet connection since i got 60/6 speed.

Fyi: i live in the netherlands, using the ISP Ziggo.

Windows 8 professional x64

Peter
Kudos: 11,858
Solutions: 3,262

Hey @Joeyzbg :) 

Do you get similar issues if you use the web player

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.