Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify + Vodafone

Solved!

Spotify + Vodafone

Hi,

I've recently signed up for Vodafone 4G and I'm trying to sign up the 6 months free Spotify. I've followed the links on the Vodafone website, selected Spotify (rather than Sky Sports) and hit Login (rather than sign up). I then get an error saying it's an invalid request - from the Italian version of the Spotify website for some reason.

At this stage my browser has left the Vodafone website and has been directed to Spotify - so as far as I can tell it's a Spotify error, rather than a Vodafone error. I've raised it with Vodafone and they're not sure what's happening...

I'd like to get this resolved ASAP as my 6 months are ticking away and I can't actually start using it yet.

Thanks

Ben

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah perfect. Thanks a million! That worked for me as well.

For others, the link to the Vodafone solution is:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-4G/Register-for-Spotify-on-4G-produces-Italian-error-message...

Ben

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi there,

I've taken a look at your account on our end and everything is looking how it should be. Could you give this another try using an alternate browser and let us know if the problem persists? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Hi Jamie,

I've just tried in Internet Explorer and I'm still getting the same error. Please see the screenshot attached.

I've also tried on my phone (HTC One M8) and Firefox - I get directed to the same page every time.

Any further suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Ben

Spotify.png

Hi,

I've just heard back from Vodafones senior support guys and apparently they hadn't linked my account into Spotify yet so they're doing that now(ish). Once that's done I should get a text/email and be back on track.

If that doesn't solve it I'll be back!

Thanks

Ben

Any news on this I am getting the exact same thing? I rang vodafone and they said the issue was on spotify's side

You can get in touch with spotify support here @chestermano . 

Hi,

I've just checked again and Vodafone still haven't updated my account to work with Spotify so I'll contact them later today to find out what's happening.

But the guy told me on the phone that it's Vodafones issue with no linking my account into the available options. I asked if it's a common issue and he said although it's not a common problem, it's a problem they're aware of and know the fix for.

I contacted them on the Vodafone Chat instant messenger thing and they called me so it might be worth trying that method.

Either that or they fobbed me off with a load of BS and they don't actually know wha tthe issue is 😉

Hope that helps.

Ben

Well I have spoken to 3 different people and they seem to have no idea what the problem is or no understanding of what it is.  They kept saying just follow the kink and it will work.  One guy told me I couldn't use an existing account, which is obviously nonsense.

I've just come off IM chat with them as I wanted to chase up my request - they don't set a time frame on the resolution but apparntly it won't be more than a few days - kinda annoyig but since Spotify isn't linked to my account yet my 6 months aren't ticking down. So not all bad I suppose.

I also asked about how you could best describe the issue to them to help you get on your way as quickly as possible and she said there wasn't a reference number or anything like that for the job and you'd have to get in contact and talk them through the issue... again.

I've found the Vodafone Chat method works pretty well. It's quite slow but I can do it at my desk at work and eventually you get an answer. They then assign that query to your account so t's easy to chase up. Just talk them through the issue step-by-step.

Hope that helps.

Ben

So I tweeted them with my frustrations.  The legends that are spotify intervened and found me a solution, but it is an error with Vodafones site and pretty sure not your account.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-4G/Register-for-Spotify-on-4G-produces-Italian-error-message...

It's a bit fiddly but it works.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/chestermano">@chestermano</a> 1: Ah, that&#39;s a pain. But we&#39;ve found this post that should help: <a href="http://t.co/MHiMiO5WoZ">http://t.co/MHiMiO5WoZ</a>. We&#39;ll let the right folks...</p>&mdash; SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/statuses/456452003615346688">April 16, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marked as solution

Ah perfect. Thanks a million! That worked for me as well.

For others, the link to the Vodafone solution is:

Ben

Hello

I have had three months worth of problems thanks to spotify and vodafone not having one simple conversation. I am furious over the service i have recieved, constantly being cut off and put back to basic because YOU cannot reply to vodafone. Can you please contact me ASAP before i take this any higher. I have subscibed to spotify through my phone contract, clearly after 3 months spotify just cant pick up on this, so whenever the payment doesnt come out of my bank you cut me off. I have begun to look at different services as dont know how much longer i can put up with these problems. all because one thing cant be put onto your system. 

If you are paying via Vodafone, they will be the ones who manage your subscription rather than Spotify's own payments system (since you don't pay Spotify directly). If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to track down where the issue is. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem. i activated the 12 month premium for free and logged in with my facebook account but i'm sill free. the link of the solution does't work anymore. anyone can help me?

Hi Vodafone need to send you a link to the media bundle/package.  If you speak to them on 191 they should be able to reset your account.  If you then still have trouble with your account showing as 'free' when it should be preimum , then I think Spotify should be able to change your account settings manually - well that's what I'm hoping for as I am in the same boat!

Suggested posts