Music Fan
bokeefe93
Accepted Solution

Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

I just purchased premium earlier this week but I am having trouble syncing all my playlist on my Ipod. only some of my playlist are showing up on my ipod and for the ones that do show up, most of them are missing a lot of songs that  I have recently added to them. I've tried logging in and out and that doesn't work, and when I try to make a playlist available offline from my computer it says that I need a premium account to be able to do that, but I do have one.

Music Lover
SLovette

Re: Spotify doesn't recognize I have premium.

I am having the same issue. I signed up last week and my phone recognizes the premium account, but my desktop apps dont (Windows and Mac). Tried everything from reinstalling the apps to changing credentials on facebook. I have a support thread going, but I get 1 response a day to the issue and its dragging on and getting old. This support system sucks, it shouldnt take days to solve problems. 

Is there anyone on here that can look at accounts?

Music Lover
flaccowieters

[ Edited ]

I've had the same problem. I just signed up for Spotify on Saturday. My phone recognizes that I have premium, but neither of my other computers (desktop and laptop, both Windows 7) will let me access Spotify Premium. It's pretty frustrating that ads pop-in while I'm trying to listen to music either to relax at home or to focus while I'm at work. 

Edit: If any Spotify people correct this problem, I have posted this under the non-Premium Spotify account (I have two). I can give the details of the other account through PM or email.

Music Lover
SLovette

[ Edited ]

So I wonder if this is a wide spread issue. Support teirs continualy point towards authenitcation holes that are causeing the sysem to either not match up or error on authentication between the "Spotify" service and the FB authentication plugin.

I've had this issue since last week. Paying for premium service and not getting it. Maybe Spotify will be cool and credit the accounts that have prolonged issues. 

At the same notion I sorta wish I could see logs and things on their side, from the scripted style responses in the support department I don't think they have any clue as to whats wrong either....

Sam

SLovette - If you're logging in with your Facebook details, you should be getting your Premium. If you're not, please get in contact with Customer Support. They'll be able to sort it. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
existian

Your contact form is a joke and does not work. You are charging people for a service that does not work. Premium shows up on my Mac but not iphone or ipad. Seriously? This is your customer support in 2012?? Wow

Gig Goer
spotify_a_fraud

Same problem here. Payed for premium, got a receipt, and my subscription status says I have premium. However, I don't get to enjoy the advantages of a premium account. Doesn't Neither on computer or smart phone. Spotify contact form is a joke, useless and doesn't work. 

Music Fan
Greg1019988

Re: premium not working on iphone

I just got spotify premium and on the account on spotify website it says i have an active subscription. When i sign into spotify app on my computer and iphone its like i dont have premium just the basic free version. i payed for premium and i would like to get what i payed for!

Music Fan
dfalcione

I am having this problem as well.  Upgraded to premium and it doesnt recognize it on the iOS app..

Thank you for your help.

Dfalcione

Music Fan
Soco

I'm having the same issue.  The account page lists my subscription as an active premium subscription.  The mac app and iphone app don't recognize that my account is premium.  I've tried logging in with my facebook and spotify info and get the same results.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.