Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has been paused because your account is used somewhere else

Spotify has been paused because your account is used somewhere else

Hi,

I've checked the FAQ post for this, but it didn't help.

My Spotify continually pauses with the message "Spotify has been paused because your account is used somewhere else" but I have logged out of all devices and also changed my password. The only device I'm now logged into is the Windows platform version of the player. I've noticed that there are some playlists I haven't created are now appearing too.

I wonder if my account has somehow become tied to somebody else's account, or something similar. It's very odd. I've been a Spotify Premium subscriber for 2 years now and this only started happening a couple of months ago.

Thanks for any assistance on this one!

2 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community!

It's odd, maybe your account has been "hacked". You should contact with Spotify Costumer Support filling this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks OviiiOne.

I'll try that. I'll mark your post as a solution if I hear anything worthwhile back!

Thanks again.

Suggested posts